• The KillerFrogs

OT: The NFL is a joke

The song isn't divisive at all. The use of the song by progressives, Marxists and anti-American leftists to construct this false narrative of systemic racism is divisive. These people don't care a wit about black Americans. The song is a strawman, constructed to pander and sucker blacks and whites into an argument so these agitators can point and say, "see, see...you people hate the black national anthem, so this proves you're all racist."
The motive of the Communist/ Marxists is to tear down all our history and say everything about America and religion and capitalism is bad. How else will they convince you to adopt a system that has always failed and brutally killed millions? There is an interview out there, in a British publication with MLK’s biographer who has read the transcripts of the sealed MLK FBI wire taps/ bug recordings. The tapes are to be released in 2024 or 2025. The tapes are supposed to be really bad according to the biographer. You can can bet the mob/ Communists will want to tear down the MLK statues then. Americans need to standup now and stop this, because it is not going to stop until we say “No”.

OmniscienceFrog

This is true. I think maybe that's where people are getting hung up, calling it the "Black National Anthem" rather than the songs name. Theres one national anthem, it's the Star Spangled Banner, it's the one we play when presenting the flag. Everything else is just pregame festivities to celebrate the sport and / or the country, including Lift Evry Voice.

Lift Evry Voice and America the Beautiful are separated by about 10 years, both right around the turn of the 20th century. Not seeing a huge difference there.
This is true. I think maybe that's where people are getting hung up, calling it the "Black National Anthem" rather than the songs name. Theres one national anthem, it's the Star Spangled Banner, it's the one we play when presenting the flag. Everything else is just pregame festivities to celebrate the sport and / or the country, including Lift Evry Voice.

Lift Evry Voice and America the Beautiful are separated by about 10 years, both right around the turn of the 20th century. Not seeing a huge difference there.
Googled Lift Every Voice because I didn't recognize it by name. Don't recall having ever heard it previously. It doesn't really do anything for me as a national song.

CountryFrog

This is fair because ultimately the NFL can play whatever song they want before every game. As long as this was agreed upon between the league and players union then it's all good as far as I'm concerned in regards to simply playing the song.

I think it's a huge mistake from a PR standpoint to start advertising it as the "black national anthem" being played. But that's just me. They clearly identified the playing of the National Anthem to be some type of pain point so instead of scrapping it they decided to add a new thing which will create even more divisiveness and piss off an even larger number of people.

Putt4Purple

Going to disagree. We have a national anthem, not multiple ones. You think it makes sense, I think it is ridiculous. I would just prefer they not play the national anthem at all if we’re going to do this silliness.

We are currently in era of revisionist history or the desire to change history to fill a want. History is history, good and bad. Nothing more, nothing less.

The goal is we that are all Americans and we are judged on character and merit. Now, I see a push by some, that the color of skin is our true identity and we are judged by that and this is now considered progress? All this is doing, is dividing the country and will be our undoing if the insanity continues.

Dividing and labeling people is not a recipe for unity.

Very nice post but when political activist run the show there will never be content. This will be never ending until whites are either submissive to this activism or are in their eyes eliminated.

Ron Swanson

Why is the national anthem played before sporting events? Why isn’t it played before other events? I don’t remember standing for the anthem before a Metallica concert. What makes it a necessity before sporting events? Could we do away with it? Would anyone be less patriotic if that were to occur? Those that don’t like it are not going to be more patriotic. Those that love it aren’t going to be less so. I don’t need it to love this country (or the parts of it that still represent my values anyway).

Does anyone that insists upon it being a part of sports listen to it before any other events? Like prior to showering? Or before a baby is born? Or right before entering the warm biosphere of your boyfriend/girlfriend/wife/husband/cousin (for all the Arkansas peeps)?
I sang “Deep in the Heart of Texas” while my wife was crowning during labor for both children. Got some strange looks at first but then the hospital staff started participating when it got to the clapping parts.

Froginbedford

Which lyrics about Lift Evry Voice, a patriotic poem written to honor Abraham Lincoln, do you think is divisive or otherwise take issue with?

Or is it just it's popularity with African Americans that you find objectionable?

I don't believe Life Every Voice and Sing was written to honor Lincoln....It was written in 1899 as a poem to encourage celebration of a brighter future...its popularizaton became part of the artistic explosion in Harlem, known as the Harlem Renaissance, by poets, novelists, painters, sculptors, musicians, etc....It was later referred to as the Black National Anthem, not when it was originally composed....

Jackson

Just as well be called the Black Lives Matter Anthem. Doesn’t appear the poets, novelists, painters, sculptors, musicians are behind its rise to an “anthem” designed to rival America’s National Anthem.

YA

Very nice post but when political activist run the show there will never be content. This will be never ending until whites are either submissive to this activism or are in their eyes eliminated.
I feel dumber for just reading this post Putt. Flight attendant I will have what the pilot is drinking today.

This is fair because ultimately the NFL can play whatever song they want before every game. As long as this was agreed upon between the league and players union then it's all good as far as I'm concerned in regards to simply playing the song.

I think it's a huge mistake from a PR standpoint to start advertising it as the "black national anthem" being played. But that's just me. They clearly identified the playing of the National Anthem to be some type of pain point so instead of scrapping it they decided to add a new thing which will create even more divisiveness and piss off an even larger number of people.

Agree. "Oh hail the mighty dollar; we want it, we need it, we love it, we have to have it" would be a more realistic song for the NFL to play before (and during} each game. They can flesh it out and call it the NFL anthem. No players would take a knee I assume.

Eight

NYPD is allocating more police to criminal "hot zones", yet they already defunded the police, but now they have to hire more?

Do less crime and there will not be a need for more police. Less crime + less police = less probability of police brutality.

Is crime increasing or decreasing? Police brutality is a function of increased crime. The criminals have no one to blame but themselves.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/7...en-broad-daylight-during-attempted-carjacking

wow, impressive

can i quote you that "Police brutality is a function of increased crime. The criminals have no one to blame but themselves."

to quote wesley, "Truly, you have a dizzying intellect".

to think that i was under the impression all along the police brutality in some shape, fashion or more was influenced by the decisions made by someone carrying out the said actions and now i find out it is simply a matter of increased crime.

you only get that type of reasoning on the 40 acres

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
The national anthem is a dogcrap song and 9/10 people don't even know what the hell the words mean, when they were conceived, where etc. Boring as all hell.

I don’t believe for a second you actually believe this, but on the off chance that you do, you might want to make a visit to Fort McHenry in Baltimore. They have an excellent and stirring short movie about its beginnings…

Longhorn from Aledo

wow, impressive

can i quote you that "Police brutality is a function of increased crime. The criminals have no one to blame but themselves."

to quote wesley, "Truly, you have a dizzying intellect".

to think that i was under the impression all along the police brutality in some shape, fashion or more was influenced by the decisions made by someone carrying out the said actions and now i find out it is simply a matter of increased crime.

you only get that type of reasoning on the 40 acres

Are police perfect people? I know criminals aren't and you sure the hell aren't. Expecting a human to act rationally every time he or she is facing death is really naive. IMO, punishment for today's criminals is far too light. If criminals feared justice they might do a little less crime. American's don't respect authority. By all means, keep reducing police budgets, you'll end up with vigilante justice..... I know you can handle that, tough guy.

eh0215

These are all excellent ideas that I will endeavor to put in to practice.

Automate it with smart devices.

I use geofencing with Alexa to have a theme song play when I arrive home. Just like a WWE wrestler. The family knows to prepare for my entrance. Alexa detects when you cross the threshold you fence around your home on GPS. Boom. Your theme song plays and the gov't knows you're at your house. All at once. It's beautiful.

I've considered setting it up to play something on all my kids alexa devices when I leave for work. You could very specifically target it to only function with the geofence at certain times of day, certain days of the week. All sorts of conditions.

You could totally set this up with the national anthem.

FrogSweep

To all who favor getting rid of our National Anthem at sports events because it's not part of the game, merely a tradition, I believe a little respect for our country is not out of order. Ask the Hong Kong and Cuba demonstrators what they think. Maybe we should get rid of all traditional distractions: The Frog Horn, cheerleaders, showgirls, band, fireworks, riff ram bah zoo, flyovers, stadium statues, conference team flags, jumbotrons, homecoming celebrations, etc. Gosh, if we got rid of all those distractions which are merely traditions we could just focus on the game itself, except for those damned rules...which are merely tradition.

Froglaw

If I was Hispanic, Native America, or Asian, I’d be upset. Why aren’t these minorities represented? Are they not also important?

My bet is that it will not happen.

I've never understood why the Anthem is divisive.

Francis Scott key wrote it while aboard a British Navy Ship during the siege of Fort McHenry.

Key was a lawyer and was aboard the ship to obtain the Release of a doctor who was swept up by British soldiers during the street fighting days before and had been treating British wounded.

The song is about our flag still standing the morning after the siege.

The words are about bravery and freedom winning over adversity and fear.

Why are these thoughts divisive?

If it's just a symbol of racism or oppression to some, then I kinda get it as a easy target.

However, it became our national anthem at the Olympic Games in Greece after the Civil War.

The words and history of the song bely any divisive intent.

Again, I'm at a loss on this debate.

Paint It Purple

Going to disagree. We have a national anthem, not multiple ones. You think it makes sense, I think it is ridiculous. I would just prefer they not play the national anthem at all if we’re going to do this silliness.

We are currently in era of revisionist history or the desire to change history to fill a want. History is history, good and bad. Nothing more, nothing less.

The goal is we that are all Americans and we are judged on character and merit. Now, I see a push by some, that the color of skin is our true identity and we are judged by that and this is now considered progress? All this is doing, is dividing the country and will be our undoing if the insanity continues.

Dividing and labeling people is not a recipe for unity.
Agree with all you post, except the "not playing the national anthem." This might be good conflict resolution 101, but giving in is exactly what the anti-Americans are wanting. You give up the National Anthem, they laugh amongst themselves and go on to the next target. They never stop.