• The KillerFrogs

OT - Thanksgiving Dinner

Opintel

Moderators
North Richland Hills...best place to get fully cooked, ready to (heat and) eat turkey dinner. Lots of places offer them, but I need someone to give advice based on real experience.

My very favorite food holiday. It's only two weeks - time's-a-wast'n!

Frog-in-law1995

North Richland Hills...best place to get fully cooked, ready to (heat and) eat turkey dinner. Lots of places offer them, but I need someone to give advice based on real experience.

Dixie House Cafe does a pretty good spread. Closest to you is either in Haltom City on Belknap or Rosedale/I-30.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
There is a Dixie House off 820 and Lancaster (180) in Handley that I drive by to get to my favorite cigar shop.

WhatTheFrog

A big chunk of the enjoyment of the meal is the preparation. Learn to smoke or fry a whole turkey. Both good in different ways. Get family/friends to join in and make side dishes and desserts. @satis1103 makes some mean tamales!

BABYFACE

Thanksgiving meal at home with the family is tops. But, if you cannot do that, the Fort Worth Club is a pretty enjoyable Thanksgiving experience.

PurpleBlood87

Most grocery stores offer this but it might be to late to order.

SuperBarrFrog

Buy a turkey and get an appointment at Popeyes And let them fry it and do your sides. Red beans and rice at thanksgiving will be a new tradition. Order some pies from Carshons Deli.

You’re welcome!

I’ve seen BBq joints in Atlanta that will let you bring in a turkey then they will smoke it for you for a decent price. Not sure if any places have that deal in funkytown, but smoked turkey is nice.

Frawg

I’ve seen BBq joints in Atlanta that will let you bring in a turkey then they will smoke it for you for a decent price. Not sure if any places have that deal in funkytown, but smoked turkey is nice.
Dickeys will do it all. Turkey was quite good. Veggies not so much. Marke street or central market , Whole Foods for the prepare sides.

I may have been unlucky with the Dickeys sides. Mashed potatoes were gummy and every thing else was meh. Pretty darn good price though.

FrogAbroad

Greenberg Smoked Turkeys...Tyler, TX...order online for home delivery. Absolutely the best I've ever had (turkey-wise). Check 'em out at gobblegobble.com. This year's bird is my "welcome back to the U.S.A. gift" to myself after 40 years living abroad.

Frog-in-law1995

scheiss Carshon’s pies.

American-Pie-1920x1080.jpg

Froggish

Smoked a small turkey 12# last year on an electric smoker a week or so before Thanksgiving just for the hell of it. I also smoked a larger turkey on the Hasty Bake..I wanted to experiment and see how they came out. Hasty bake turkey had a much more complex taste and was retained its moisture better. However, the electric smoked small turkey came out surprisingly good and would do for a single dude in a pinch for some holiday flavors.

WhatTheFrog

Sack up and cook your meal yourself! Seriously, get involved, do some work, and enjoy the fruits of your labors. Get friends and family involved. Create your own family tradition with whatever side dishes or style of cooking you prefer. Believe me, it's better that way (unless you hate your family and friends).

FrogAbroad

It's common knowledge that in 1621 the first Thanksgiving was celebrated at Plymouth. But some say the “real” first Thanksgiving took place more than 20 years earlier near present-day El Paso, when at least 400 Spaniards, in an exploration led by Juan de Oñate, feasted with the Mansos tribe.

Read All About It!