• The KillerFrogs

OT - Santa Rosa, CA Any Trip Tips?

Horny4TCU

Currently in Santa Rosa, CA with some time to kill for the next 3 days. Any recommendations or must sees?

So far, I have been to Muir Beach/Forest and Pacifica Beach.

Frog-in-law1995

Currently in Santa Rosa, CA with some time to kill for the next 3 days. Any recommendations or must sees?

So far, I have been to Muir Beach/Forest and Pacifica Beach.

There’s a pretty good restaurant in Yountville. French Laundry. No reservations necessary, just walk up and ask for a table. Flip flops, muscle shirts and ball caps are fine. Get the chicken strips.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Dined some years ago at the Rutherford Grill, in front of the Beaulieu Vinyards. Outstanding food.

frogs9497

There are good farm-to-table restaurants along St. Helena Hwy. Unfortunately I cannot recall names, but Google could.

edit: Farmstead is one of them.

Last edited:

Peacefrog

Degenerate
There are good farm-to-table restaurants along St. Helena Hwy. Unfortunately I cannot recall names, but Google could.

edit: Farmstead is one of them.
Farmstead is one of my favorite restaurants in NV. Wife and I joke on some Saturday mornings about flying up there for lunch just because.

OP - Ad Hoc if you can get a reservation. Farmstead as mentioned. Pretty much really anywhere in Yountville or St Helena. Gott’s Roadside for a burger or fantastic poke tacos.

HFrog1999

There’s a pretty good restaurant in Yountville. French Laundry. No reservations necessary, just walk up and ask for a table. Flip flops, muscle shirts and ball caps are fine. Get the chicken strips.

source.gif

FrogsMcGee

Winery suggestions in the general area:

Inman Family Wines - west of Santa Rosa a few miles. Call to make a reservation. Great pinot.
Mill Creek - family owned place up in the Dry Creek area just west of downtown Healdsburg. The do a nice range of very affordable Cab, Merlot, Zin, Chard, and more.
J Vineyards - shouldn't need an appointment mid-week. Pay more for the legacy tasting - good pinot. They do good sparkling as well. Or splurge and do the "Bubble Room". Full meal / food pairing with wines. Make a reservation if you want to do this.
Macrostie is another good pinot/chard place with very picturesque tasting room. I like the pinots at Inman and J better, but this is a great experience. Make an appt.

There are some good micro breweries in the Santa Rosa area. Tiny place called Plow in a warehouse on the west side of the highway is good. Russian River is a well known place that recently opened a big new brewpub in the area, in addition to the original.

FrogsMcGee

Also, Santa Rosa took the brunt of the fires a year and a half ago. Stay and spend your money there instead of going over to Napa. The smaller family owned places (like Inman, Plow, Mill Creek mentioned above) will appreciate the business.