• The KillerFrogs

OT: San Jacinto Day!

FrogAbroad

iu

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Can't add much for San Jacinto day, but my great grandfather (and many others in the family) came across the Atlantic and worked at LoneStar Brewery in he early 1900s.
I don't know if it is still there, but out in the parking lot of the old brewery in San Antonio, there was a water fountain fed by the same water they brewed the beer with. Delicious, sweet water filtered through miles of limestone...

I'm sure they've bulldozed it all now.

Horned Toad

Lone Star is brewed at the Miller/Coors brewery in Fort Worth. Had one or three down in Fredericksburg a few weeks ago. The merchants on Main were giving it away if you were shopping in the stores. Surprisingly not bad.

Paul in uhh

Lone Star is brewed at the Miller/Coors brewery in Fort Worth. Had one or three down in Fredericksburg a few weeks ago. The merchants on Main were giving it away if you were shopping in the stores. Surprisingly not bad.
There’s a kids toy store/clothing boutique owned by a young TCU grad down there on main. Can’t remember the name but they saw my shirt and made the connection. Nice people.

Armadillo

Ahhhh....so that’s why my wife had a “skeleton crew” day at the Attorney General‘s office today. She’s been there for 25+ years but I still never understand some of those days off.

Well, I understand San Jac day, just not some of the others. :cool::cool:

Endless Purple

I don't know if it is still there, but out in the parking lot of the old brewery in San Antonio, there was a water fountain fed by the same water they brewed the beer with. Delicious, sweet water filtered through miles of limestone...

I'm sure they've bulldozed it all now.
We had a family reunion in S.A. last fall. Many went to go see the old site. So I think something is still there (I was not able to attend that day). I will have to ask about it now.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
We had a family reunion in S.A. last fall. Many went to go see the old site. So I think something is still there (I was not able to attend that day). I will have to ask about it now.
The last time I was by, which was quite a while ago sadly, the building and equipment was still there and making "Arizona Iced Tea." I am going to guess that was around 2000 or 2003.

I need to get back over there. Eat at Earl Abel's. Goof off at the Pearl Brewery. The Plague sort of interrupted those grandiose plans Mrs. Brewingfrog and I had...