• The KillerFrogs

OT - RIP Roy Clark

Pharm Frog

Roy Clark, a country music star and former host of the long-running TV series "Hee Haw," died Thursday, his publicist told CNN.

He was 85.
Clark died of complications from pneumonia at his home in Tulsa, Oklahoma, according to publicist Sandy Brokaw.
Raised in Washington D.C., the guitarist and banjo player began his musical career as a young teen. He made his first appearance at the Grand Ole Opry at age 17.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/15/entertainment/roy-clark-dies/index.html

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-15_15-12-28.png
    upload_2018-11-15_15-12-28.png
    258.7 KB · Views: 2

FrogCop19

I remember my whole family gathering around our TV on Sundays after dinner at my grandma's house to watch Hee Haw. We used to do the whole *thpppp* YOU WERE GONE at each other and everything. Looking back now, the effortless talent is truly astounding.

4 Oaks Frog

Saw him live many years ago at the Fronteer in Vegas. One of the most entertaining shows ever! Very funny, and his guitar playing was the best...everything from classical to Hendrix. Heaven sure has an amazing band with a wonderful new member...

GO FROGS!
BEAT baylor!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

tcudoc

I remember my whole family gathering around our TV on Sundays after dinner at my grandma's house to watch Hee Haw. We used to do the whole *thpppp* YOU WERE GONE at each other and everything. Looking back now, the effortless talent is truly astounding.
I remember those good old days as well. I've never been a Country and Western fan, but, as silly as the show was, it holds a special place in my heart because of the times with family spent watching it.

Virginia Frog

I loved the bit on "Hee Haw" when Roy and Buck (Owens) would play..
"I'm A pickin' and he's a grinnin'...."

Earl Scruggs, the Master of the Bluegrass banjo, was the best but Roy was a close #2 in the 5-string banjo world, IMO.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
"Where oh where are you tonight? How could you leave me here all alone. I searched the world over and thought I found true love. You met another and 'thpppp' you were gone."

I still remember it!
Roy Clark playing Malaguena is awesome.
[media]

StigFrog

I think Roy used to go to spring training with the Texas Rangers for many years. Part owner of the Tulsa minor league team in that time.

Frogs1983

Saw him at Harrahs in Reno back when I was living there in late 80's. If it had a string on it, he could damm well play it! RIP.

Frog81

Well, he never picked cotton...but his mother did and his brother did and his sister did and his daddy died young....working in the coal mines...

Frog-in-law1995

FIL and I never did my drunken banjo challenge. Looks like I'll pick up the Roy Clark guitar method book and be playing like him and Brad in no time!

RIP Roy.

Ha! Forgot about that. Swear to God, I had a dream Wednesday night that I was playing dueling banjos with Roy Clark on Hee Haw (which, sadly, isn’t even CLOSE to the most embarrassing thing I’ve admitted to on here). Had been down a Youtube rabbit hole on guitar music earlier in the week that included his version of Malagueña on The Odd Couple, so I think that’s what caused it. Surreal when I learned he died that next morning.

Looking forward to breaking out the banjo this weekend. If I can find it.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
"Where oh where are you tonight? How could you leave me here all alone. I searched the world over and thought I found true love. You met another and 'thpppp' you were gone."

I still remember it!
Roy Clark playing Malaguena is awesome.
[media]

Amazing, I imagine more than half on this boars are thinking, “who.”

Frog-in-law1995

FIL and I never did my drunken banjo challenge. Looks like I'll pick up the Roy Clark guitar method book and be playing like him and Brad in no time!

RIP Roy.

New finger picks just arrived from Amazon.com. Gonna have to get into a little foggy mountain breakdown before we leave for the game.

ojulSjr.jpg