• The KillerFrogs

OT - Ray's BBQ Shack in Houston

WhatTheFrog

Perry's pork chop is the bomb there. They recently opened one in Grapevine. I look forward to visiting sometime soon.

I do wish my fellow Frog the best there in the BBQ biz, though.

Ron Swanson

I’ve been meaning to get by there for a couple years now and just always forget about it.

I might try to go tomorrow so I can say I went to the original location.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Please stop talking about Texas Barbecue!

They have places all over the place here with Lone Star flags hawking Texas BBQ and not one of them knows brisket is not roast beef with red crap on it or links isn’t Jimmy Dean’s breakfast links!

Pharm Frog

They have places all over the place here with Lone Star flags hawking Texas BBQ and not one of them knows brisket is not roast beef with red crap on it or links isn’t Jimmy Dean’s breakfast links!

My newly drawn district runs from Possum Kingdom Lake down through Central Texas to Seguin. I call my team "The Brisket District"

PurplFrawg

Administrator

Bummer. I just got home from Laird's in Llano. @wes can tell you about their quality.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
My newly drawn district runs from Possum Kingdom Lake down through Central Texas to Seguin. I call my team "The Brisket District"

Stop!

By the way, in the 70s had a friend with a cabin cruiser on PK. A bunch of us from TCU went over to Graham for the wekend. One of the guys was from Ohio and asked if there submarines in the lake.

We almost fell in laughing and asked why he’d say that. He said look in the along side. Sure enough there was a fair sized wake keeping up with us. Someone grabbed a gaff and asked if he’d ever heard of an alligator gar. I think he just heard alligator and took off below deck...

And that’s my PK story for the day,

Pharm Frog

Bummer. I just got home from Laird's in Llano. @wes can tell you about their quality.

Llano and Lockhart and Luling are all in my district. It's as if the district was drawn by the BBQ god's themselves. Is Inman's still alive in Llano? I used to fly Inman's turkey sausage packed in dry ice into Nashville when I was living there.

LeagueCityFrog

Here is a new hot Texas BBQ tip.... Sundays only. Brasserie 1895 in Friendswood in southeast Houston. The chef there was the head chef at the culinary school in Houston. He's a UT longhorn and his food is incredible. His key BBQ offerings sold out in 90 minutes last Sunday. His regular restaurant was named one of the Best New Restaurants in Houston by the Houston Chronicle Food Writer Allison Cook.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Llano and Lockhart and Luling are all in my district. It's as if the district was drawn by the BBQ god's themselves. Is Inman's still alive in Llano? I used to fly Inman's turkey sausage packed in dry ice into Nashville when I was living there.
Inman's is now being run by the previous owners' daughter and son-in-law. They have also brought back live music...some of you may remember it as the Ramblin Rose honky tonk and beer joint back in the day. Horace and Myrtle were ready to hand off to the younger generation.