• The KillerFrogs

OT: Oklahoma's Gundy resigns after using offensive language

Limey Frog

I just saw this and was about to post it here.

Several posters had suggested that there had to be more to this. I'm not sure, honestly, that it makes a ton of difference that he he re-read the Forbidden Word multiple times--so he made an error of judgment lasting a minute rather than a second? Still, it changes the calculus somewhat.

Eight

I just saw this and was about to post it here.

Several posters had suggested that there had to be more to this. I'm not sure, honestly, that it makes a ton of difference that he he re-read the Forbidden Word multiple times--so he made an error of judgment lasting a minute rather than a second? Still, it changes the calculus somewhat.

what is for some reason getting lost in all the angst about the use of THE word and ludicrous things such as the petition to get cale reinstated is that this was not the first issue and maybe, just maybe someone had gotten a bit too comfortable in his position

sound familiar to anyone?

Limey Frog

what is for some reason getting lost in all the angst about the use of THE word and ludicrous things such as the petition to get cale reinstated is that this was not the first issue and maybe, just maybe someone had gotten a bit too comfortable in his position

That's certainly possible. I'd certainly like to believe there's more to the story. I just don't have much, if any, faith left at this point that people won't overreact. My default assumption is that people are being unreasonable. That way you're occasionally pleasantly surprised but rarely disappointed.

Eight

That's certainly possible. I'd certainly like to believe there's more to the story. I just don't have much, if any, faith left at this point that people won't overreact. My default assumption is that people are being unreasonable. That way you're occasionally pleasantly surprised but rarely disappointed.

there are people being unreasonable, but it isn't the university side

vicarfrog

Ryne Sandberg and Darryl Strawberry

I was testing to see if you knew the real spelling...and you passed! Congratulations! :)

Adam Sandler Yes GIF

Opinions appear to be divided on that:

Wow, and that was written two days ago, the day Gundy resigned. Mixon got on it. An effective glowing letter. I have called Mixon a thug who should have been dismissed from Oklahoma, but I am impressed with his effort and support here.

I am glad I saw this letter—it makes me feel better about Joe Mixon and coaches molding young men.

The rest is just speculation and gossip—can’t judge unless knowing all the facts and context.

Last edited:

vicarfrog

Kind of like the "proverbial" straw that broke the camels back. On the surface the piece of straw is puny and insignificant, but it was the one small piece of extra weight that did it.

Looking at it from the surface, it really is a petty and insignificant cause for being forced out, but it may very well be part of larger issue going on.

Eight

Opinions appear to be divided on that:

know the player who was with joe mixon that night in pickleman's deli and based upon what i have been told he was a world class p.o s.during his time at ou and his backing ranks up their with dvorcek and frank shannon