• The KillerFrogs

OT - Murder Under the Friday Night Lights, River Oaks

Chongo94

So I happened to catch this show this morning called Murder Under the Friday Night Lights. It’s a new docuseries on the ID channel or some channel like that about crimes connected to high school football…kinda.

Anyway, the very first episode was about this serial killer/rapist dude striking River Oaks and Castleberry High cheerleaders back in 1981/1982.

Had no idea about any of this. Actually knew one of the people they interviewed, which surprised me. Some of you old olds (no offense) may know numerous people they interviewed and more details about all this. Might be worth a search in your cable guide to catch the episode again sometime.

Big Frog II

So I happened to catch this show this morning called Murder Under the Friday Night Lights. It’s a new docuseries on the ID channel or some channel like that about crimes connected to high school football…kinda.

Anyway, the very first episode was about this serial killer/rapist dude striking River Oaks and Castleberry High cheerleaders back in 1981/1982.

Had no idea about any of this. Actually knew one of the people they interviewed, which surprised me. Some of you old olds (no offense) may know numerous people they interviewed and more details about all this. Might be worth a search in your cable guide to catch the episode again sometime.
I remember a girl named Retha Stratton who was murdered back then.

Chongo94

You're referring to Wesley Wayne Miller
That’s who they caught. And he only got 25 years!! Apparently he is living in Littlefield under mandatory supervision. He violated parole each time he got out of prison from 1982-2016 or something like that.

Chongo94

Have now watched three episodes of this show.

1st episode was in River Oaks. Second was about Tom Brown in Canadian. And the third was in Olney about a murdered teacher.

Can’t imagine all episodes will be set in Texas but damn, first three all set here.

bc puckett

Have now watched three episodes of this show.

1st episode was in River Oaks. Second was about Tom Brown in Canadian. And the third was in Olney about a murdered teacher.

Can’t imagine all episodes will be set in Texas but damn, first three all set here.

Actually I've seen 3 other episodes. 1 in PA, 1 in LA and 1 in CA (De Lasalle)

HToady

We played Castleberry in high school. I was always impressed how they changed all the badges on their fire trucks from FORD to ROFD. Smart!

PurplFrawg

Administrator
That’s who they caught. And he only got 25 years!! Apparently he is living in Littlefield under mandatory supervision. He violated parole each time he got out of prison from 1982-2016 or something like that.
One of his violations was for getting up close and personal with a female jailer in Ft Worth. She is no longer in that line of work.