• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Eight

For you King of the Hill fans, the reboot is official.

if they scheiss this up, may cotton and his band of cuthroats kill them with the bayonet he was saving to kill hitler once they unthaw him

Prime BEEF

Yeah, the German critics don’t really like it much apparently because of that and I definitely found it a bit odd.

BUT, if you don’t mind that, it was a great film. Will definitely make people think about the horrors of war for sure.
Agreed great WW1 film…they just should’ve called it a different name since it doesn’t really follow the story line of book.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Anyone else see Spieilberg’s autobiographical The Fabelmans? It’s gotten a lot of awards hype. Thought it was just okay and too long. And how did Spielberg allow young Fabelman to have blue eyes and then brown as teen? Seemed like a rookie error…

Last edited:

Panther City Frog

I didn't ever think Ron would play that role on The Last of Us, but well done Ron
SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Not a fan of episode 3. I was super stoked about his character and now I’m pissed that’s all we get. If you’ve seen some of the comments from the director it was kind of [ Finebaum ]ty the way he toyed with the audience to further his agenda. Still, I like the show and will continue watching.

Chongo94

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Not a fan of episode 3. I was super stoked about his character and now I’m pissed that’s all we get. If you’ve seen some of the comments from the director it was kind of [ Finebaum ]ty the way he toyed with the audience to further his agenda. Still, I like the show and will continue watching.
Yeah I didn’t get all the buzz either about this episode. It was good but not as good as the first two in my opinion. But critics seem to be fawning over it because of its portrayal of a relationship.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Often, a diversion like this is termed a "left hook." The writers are just showing how much they care...

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Way too early in the series to devote 90% of an episode to character development. That's the lazy stuff they would do on season 7 of the Walking Dead to kill a few episodes. A lot of that could have been condensed down to about 30 minutes. The 5 minutes of action at the end felt forced...especially after what E1 and 2 provided. If all episodes were released at once I would probably have a different opinion but since we had to wait another week it was a big turnoff for.

As for the content, obviously there was an agenda but it could have been much worse. Ron is obviously a conservative 2A guy and the low-hanging fruit could have been that they portray him as a total nut job only to be saved by this random lover but they didn't and his character stayed true to the very end. So in an era when Hollywood goes way over the top on social agendas, I appreciated them taking a less militant approach.

Pedro Pascal is fast becoming one of the finest actors of this generation.

Eight

Way too early in the series to devote 90% of an episode to character development. That's the lazy stuff they would do on season 7 of the Walking Dead to kill a few episodes. A lot of that could have been condensed down to about 30 minutes. The 5 minutes of action at the end felt forced...especially after what E1 and 2 provided. If all episodes were released at once I would probably have a different opinion but since we had to wait another week it was a big turnoff for.

As for the content, obviously there was an agenda but it could have been much worse. Ron is obviously a conservative 2A guy and the low-hanging fruit could have been that they portray him as a total nut job only to be saved by this random lover but they didn't and his character stayed true to the very end. So in an era when Hollywood goes way over the top on social agendas, I appreciated them taking a less militant approach.

Pedro Pascal is fast becoming one of the finest actors of this generation.

he is 47 and been at the acting thing for over 20 years so i am not sure "fast" is the best word choice, but agree he is very talented and had some great roles especially in the last 10 years

he was in that horrible wonder woman 84, but he did redeem himself with the nic cage movie and then this:

he is 47 and been at the acting thing for over 20 years so i am not sure "fast" is the best word choice, but agree he is very talented and had some great roles especially in the last 10 years

he was in that horrible wonder woman 84, but he did redeem himself with the nic cage movie and then this:

I posted that in specialty plated thread. Hilarious. The entire episode was great and probably the first time I've said that in 20 years.

Well, until he was in GOT 10 years ago no one knew who he was so...