SpotlessFoolishHoverfly-max-1mb.gif

lunapic_134613978245846_0.gif

and one of my favorite bad movies

b5a29e9f039582154a0717005f2965cc.jpg
AND he’s hot

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Here is a reasonable rundown: The Best Movie Summer Ever was 1982

I will quibble with the inclusion of anything having to do with Grease, as I hated and loathed it, but the rest is solid. Conspicuously absent are: Conan the Barbarian, An Officer and a Gentleman, 48 Hours, Gandhi, and Tootsie. The latter, of course, had one of the best lines ever uttered in an uncredited part: Bill Murray addressing Dustin Hoffman after Hoffman rushed out a potential suitor (Dan O'Herlihy): "You slut!"

Froglaw

Here is a reasonable rundown: The Best Movie Summer Ever was 1982

I will quibble with the inclusion of anything having to do with Grease, as I hated and loathed it, but the rest is solid. Conspicuously absent are: Conan the Barbarian, An Officer and a Gentleman, 48 Hours, Gandhi, and Tootsie. The latter, of course, had one of the best lines ever uttered in an uncredited part: Bill Murray addressing Dustin Hoffman after Hoffman rushed out a potential suitor (Dan O'Herlihy): "You slut!"

1941 - truly underrated - Slim Pickens in the Imperial Japanese Submarine is priceless.

gofor2

What about DieHard, Caddyshack or Vacation?
There are a lot of good movies out there, but I would organize them in tiers. 1st tier, 2nd tier.
1st tier are the ones I would recommend for people to watch. 2nd tier, while they may be good, I'm not necessarily going to recommend them.
diehard, caddyshack, vacation - fall under 2nd tier for me.

Last edited:

gofor2

Just watched the original trailer for Fletch. Maybe I'll catch it this weekend, but between cow tipping, throwing rocks off a bridge and sniffing gasoline, I'm not sure if I'll have the time.

tommy.gif

Frog-O-Rama

See How They Run is worth the price of admission. There is not much to it but entertainment. Saoirse Ronan pretty much steals the show. John Cleese has a tiny cameo

P of P, I always agree with what you have to say. So, this shall be a first, can't side with you on this one. There were a couple of good puns, but I thought it was a loser. Could not end fast enough.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
P of P, I always agree with what you have to say. So, this shall be a first, can't side with you on this one. There were a couple of good puns, but I thought it was a loser. Could not end fast enough.
Lol fair enough. I did try to temper my praise appropriately but I can see how your take could be true for lots of folks. Maybe I was dazzled by Ms Ronan’s looks more than the story

Zubaz

I know it is on network TV but has anyone seen the reboot of "Quantum Leap"?
Not sure if I'm going to stick with it or not.
Watched Episode 1. It was....alright. In the OG I always felt like the serialized amnesia stuff was the weakest parts of the first season, and it worked better as standalone episodes. I know they have to do that stuff for the pilot but hoping they move away from it quickly.

Still trying to get a feel for the main twos chemistry. It's no Sam and Al, at least not yet.