• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Chongo94

Makes me not even want to start it. Watched BB from the beginning but have tried to watch the first episode of BCS at least 5 times and haven't gotten through it.
It’s a grind man. I loved BB and Saul in BB but I’ve never totally understood why everyone loves BCS so much. I’ve gotten halfway through the second season but man, is it a slog, so I totally feel you.

Creeperfrog

It’s a grind man. I loved BB and Saul in BB but I’ve never totally understood why everyone loves BCS so much. I’ve gotten halfway through the second season but man, is it a slog, so I totally feel you.
It gets so much better. 1st season is a little tough, but if you have seen BB there are lots of eggs

LisaLT

It is true. BCS starts off slowly, but gets really good as it goes on. I like seeing some of the breaking bad characters made cameos - ie Jesse and Walter. The final episode of Saul tries to look back on his relationships with those characters. As mentioned above, I think a more fitting finale would have been Kim plotting a jail escape for Saul. How Mexican cartel like would that have been?

What Up Toad

First couple seasons are a slog. It's not until he starts getting involved with the cartel that I started to wonder if I liked it more than Breaking Bad. It picks up pretty fast after that.

Creeperfrog

Is that opinion really that controversial? I can understand disagreeing but that's a pretty hard reaction.

Most things I've seen gave it a very favorable review.
Hey man, he isn't disagreeing with your take. Like doc said, you might have spoiled the ending for ppl who haven't seen the show and might want to pick it up based on this thread

YA

I am a hidebound geek, and am appalled by this. It really has nothing to do with anything Tolkein wrote, save for some of the character names. The morons running this abortion have essentially made up this series by cherry-picking some elements in the appendices of LOTR, and "re-imagining" it all. The "story" such as it is, is set in the Second Age, following the defeat of Morgoth and his lieutenant, Sauron. While there is a huge amount of storytelling to be found in the roughly 2,000 years of time spanning the end of the First Age, and the creation of the Rings, the Amazon showrunners are the usual Hollywood imbeciles who look to destroying things rather than honoring the root works that delighted so many millions through the years. Tolkein was quite careful in his Worldbuilding, and these idiots have thrown it all away for woke.

I honestly can't wait to miss it.
Explain how is it woke?