• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Ron Swanson

The Victim is very good. Starts a little slow but then gets good. A lot of complexity of emotion with some solid twists and turns to keep you guessing.

A BBC show, stars Kelly Macdonald from Line of Duty, Trainspotting, Boardwalk Empire, etc…

4 episode mini series IIRC

HFrog1999

thirteen-lives.jpg
Just watched 13 Lives on Amazon

Damn good movie about some absolutely amazing heroes

Eight

thirteen-lives.jpg
Just watched 13 Lives on Amazon

Damn good movie about some absolutely amazing heroes

waiting to see it, read a few articles and this is one of those stories hollywood just needs to leave the scheiss alone. the actual story is nothing short of amazing so no disenifying it i hope

Frog-in-law1995

Just came across a new Guy Richie film starring Jason Statham, which has to be one of my favorite director/actor combos since John Ford and John Wayne. Called Wrath of Man. A good shoot ‘em up flick, and I’m 90% sure Riggs played the bad guy.

DC Super Pets movie was extremely meh. Not as bad as Lightyear but a big snoozefest. Save your money and wait for it to come out on the streams. Single fatherhood has forced me into seeing more movies in the theater than I've seen in the last 10 years and most have been disappointments.

Chongo94

Just came across a new Guy Richie film starring Jason Statham, which has to be one of my favorite director/actor combos since John Ford and John Wayne. Called Wrath of Man. A good shoot ‘em up flick, and I’m 90% sure Riggs played the bad guy.
Yeah, great movie. If you’re a fan of revenge films, that’s one definitely for the library.

tcudoc

Just watched Thirteen Lives. One of the most intense movies I’ve seen in a long while, and I already knew the story. The magnitude of what occurred there is huge. Anesthetizing kids in a controlled setting is already intense. What they did amplified that by about a million in my opinion. Legend status is an understatement. I recall reading the story of what occurred soon after it happened and then reading the scientific paper on the events. I think Ron Howard did an excellent job of bringing the story to life.
If you watch it, just know that the entire proposed plan was so dangerous for so many reasons not even discussed in the movie.
Simply astonishing story that was incredibly well told by the entire production team.

Creeperfrog

Just watched Thirteen Lives. One of the most intense movies I’ve seen in a long while, and I already knew the story. The magnitude of what occurred there is huge. Anesthetizing kids in a controlled setting is already intense. What they did amplified that by about a million in my opinion. Legend status is an understatement. I recall reading the story of what occurred soon after it happened and then reading the scientific paper on the events. I think Ron Howard did an excellent job of bringing the story to life.
If you watch it, just know that the entire proposed plan was so dangerous for so many reasons not even discussed in the movie.
Simply astonishing story that was incredibly well told by the entire production team.
I'm hesitant to watch 13 lives. I feel I might panic attack

Creeperfrog

Also saw Nope. It was good. Felt very Quintin T like. Also cowboys vs aliens vibe. Liked it, but wasn't the most satisfying ending. I don't know what I wanted, but didn't feel like the same endings of Jordan Peele movies. Loved the ending to Us and Get Out

Creeperfrog

Also saw Nope. It was good. Felt very Quintin T like. Also cowboys vs aliens vibe. Liked it, but wasn't the most satisfying ending. I don't know what I wanted, but didn't feel like the same endings of Jordan Peele movies. Loved the ending to Us and Get Out
Us ending is prob my favorite

HFrog1999

Great movie, but very stressful

Got drunk after watching it

tcudoc

Great movie, but very stressful

Got drunk after watching it
I should have said, it takes four already stressful things and combines them. Most would be very stressed doing any one of the following:
-anesthetizing a kid
-Exploring a narrow cave
-SCUBA diving
-transporting an unresponsive human

This team combined all four elements together in a way never dreamed of previously.
The stress level is unimaginable.
The attention to detail by the filmmakers was impressive.