• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Creeperfrog

Ok, I finished dr strange. What the f?? So dumb. That might be the worst movie I've seen since, I don't know, dumb and dumber 2. At least that movie had Bob Sagat yelling there is [ Finebaum ] every a here! In the bathroom. Stupid movie

Chongo94

I watched the 5th episode of obi wan kanobe just bc the internet was going nuts ab it. I don't get it. Ppl are busting a nut bc Darth Vader and young anikan fighting obi. It was alright... I guess the hype pulled me in. Just tired of star wars in general
Well I can promise you, having just watched the finale, the fight scene between Vader and Obi-wan in that episode, was great.

Last edited:

Ron Swanson

Watching a Canadian detective show on Hulu called Cardinal. 4 seasons, 6 episodes each.

I’m on season 2. Pretty solid… good acting, not terribly overproduced.

Chongo94

The only thing I don’t like/buy on Line of Duty is the 5’9” (on a good day) male detective just bagging every chick he meets.

No way that dude has a batting average like that here in the states.

Chongo94

Highly recommend The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot. Great little gem of a movie.

It’s on Hulu but it expires tonight so you better hurry if interested. Sam Elliot and Aidan Turner are the leads. Don’t let the trailer fool you, it’s not as action packed as it seems but it’s still good.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I haven't seen Mortal Engines, nor would I want to after reading the piece linked to below. I remember watching a film my lovely wife rented based on the enthusiastic recommendation of her nephew, Eragon. I felt much about that piece of garbage as this fellow thought of Mortal Engines, though in my case, I never bothered to read the book, and didn't make it much more than halfway through the film before getting up to go and read a book in another room.

He seems to have some reverence for Peter Jackson and his writing team, though. An enthusiasm I do not share. What Jackson did to LOTR was unforgivable, and the nonsensical "Oh, we have so much respect for Tolkein's work!" garbage they mouthed was utterly belied by what was splashed across the screen.

Anyway, without further ado, Mortal Engines

Creeperfrog

Except for the operators using flashlights while using NVGs in the tunnel. No wonder they got chewed up after being blinded by their own gear…
I get what you are saying and I totally agree, but at the same time it is a tv show... I took it as a tv show that wanted to have the viewer actually know what is happening

I don't want that horrible game of thrones episode where you couldn't see anything the entire time all the action took place