• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Ron Swanson

I’ve probably talked about Letterkenny on here before but can’t remember. Anyway, if you are a fan of goofy somewhat raunchy humor, you will probably like this. It’s definitely a unique style of comedy and it might take you a couple episodes to get into.

The reason I bring this up (again?) now is because the main guy from Letterkenny just did a spin off called “Shoresy”. Good ship.

I recommend subtitles for both shows. There are some unique speaking styles and they talk really fast.

All on Hulu

Ron Swanson

7A3944E6-1D1B-485E-9266-AE9451FD0F9D.jpegI just got this Amazon prime documentary recommended to me by a buddy of mine who also loves country music. I’m about halfway through but I’m loving it so far.

In case you don’t know, Dean Dillon is the guy who wrote almost all of George Strait’s songs.

Chongo94

I’ve probably talked about Letterkenny on here before but can’t remember. Anyway, if you are a fan of goofy somewhat raunchy humor, you will probably like this. It’s definitely a unique style of comedy and it might take you a couple episodes to get into.

The reason I bring this up (again?) now is because the main guy from Letterkenny just did a spin off called “Shoresy”. Good ship.

I recommend subtitles for both shows. There are some unique speaking styles and they talk really fast.

All on Hulu
I’ve marked this to watch as I love Letterkenny but Shoresy does annoy me at times in the original series.

Is it more of an actual show with less stupid bathroom humor jokes/takes from Shoresy that go far longer than necessary?

If it’s more of an actual comedy and less of the Shoresy bits in LK, then I’ll definitely give it a shot.

Ron Swanson

I’ve marked this to watch as I love Letterkenny but Shoresy does annoy me at times in the original series.

Is it more of an actual show with less stupid bathroom humor jokes/takes from Shoresy that go far longer than necessary?

If it’s more of an actual comedy and less of the Shoresy bits in LK, then I’ll definitely give it a shot.
The Shoresy character is definitely more relatable and real (and funnier) in the spin-off than he was in Letterkenny.

“Shoresy” is more of an actual show and less Letterkenny-ish than Letterkenny was. Don’t get me wrong, there is plenty of Letterkenny in it, it’s just dialed down a bit. I thought it was very well executed and was disappointed it was only six episodes.

NewFrogFan

It was a good movie. They did a great job with it. I didn’t think they’d be able to write a script that could tie everything together in a good way. It’s been so long and so many things to address. I assumed they just skip all of that and start showing action…but they did the backstory justice and had plenty of good action.

There were some cheesy moments but not a lot of them and the ones they did have I was good with. Went in expecting transformers came out pleased.

As a military guy, Hollywood never gets all of the military stuff accurate so I’ve learned to ignore most of that. So I’m not doing a deep dive into that stuff. But on the whole there were less of those errors than normal.
So what were you doing in 1986?

Prime BEEF

To be fair, the age limit is 62 for non-flag officers and 64 for flag officers. I’m not an army guy but knew an army O-6 chaplain that was 60 or 61 on my first deployment. Also have known a couple of USAF O-6s in their late 50s. Tom cruise was 57 when they started filming the sequel. Obviously not normal for an O-6 but not impossible. And they addressed that in the movie.

NewFrogFan

To be fair, the age limit is 62 for non-flag officers and 64 for flag officers. I’m not an army guy but knew an army O-6 chaplain that was 60 or 61 on my first deployment. Also have known a couple of USAF O-6s in their late 50s. Tom cruise was 57 when they started filming the sequel. Obviously not normal for an O-6 but not impossible. And they addressed that in the movie.
But what were you doing in 1986?

All on Hulu

Katy has been the object of my affections on occasion.

Holy crap Maverick was good. Love that it came out this weekend when we remember those who fell before us. When the heart of our country is broken and we've devolved into political pissing matches with our brothers and neighbors...our nation is in desperate need of a hero and that hero is Maverick. What a badass film.

SuperTFrog

The new Star Wars series was SO much better than the book of Boba Fett. I couldn’t be more excited after those the first two episodes. The “wokeness” of Disney is unfortunately ruining storylines because you know what is going to happen. Even with that, I absolutely loved it.

Creeperfrog

I have to double down on maverick. Good stuff. I know cruise has done a lot of movies but off the top of my head I can't think of a really bad one. I did enjoy the mummy reboot, so take that as you will

Also...can't believe someone in Hollywood found a way to put a woman in a traditional masculine role without turning the men into cucks and also found a way to elevate minorities into prominent positions without turning the whites into domineering racists or overly passive soft bigots. It's almost as if someone with a clue as to how the real world operates was in charge of making a film.