• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

What Up Toad

I've heard both. Some people loved it, action mixed with comedy mixed with deep philosophical musings.

Other people didn't like it just because it "missed" with them. I get that response, as well, as there are some movies that people love that I just head scratch.

I don't care if I end up not liking it, I am just trying to balance out the reports before I waste my wife's time...:D

I don't want to over hype it, but I think I was about 2/3rds through when I started to wonder if it would be one of my top 10 favorite movies of all time. When I talked to my younger brother later, he said it might be his favorite movie. My dad (in his 60s) said he liked it, but also thought it was a weird one.

I went into the movie with no knowledge of what it was about, other than it was good.

I would describe it as a science fiction Jackie Chan movie with Scott Pilgrim type humor.

HToady

Watching The Offer right now. first episode and it looks like a winner. It is the story ab making the move the godfather. i hope it keeps up
I am caught up ant it is great but I like art imatating life. The casting is great. the guy that play Robert Evans is amazing, and he's English! If you don't know Robert Evans, watch the documentary, " The Kid Stays in the Picture"

FrogUltimate

My movie/show catch up notes:
Moonfall - terrible. Dumb enough you can get through it, but terrible
Northman - meh. Too much mysticism

Moon Night - I gave up after four episodes. Not for me
Better Call Saul - amazing as always. Last night's episode was just remarkable

Putt4Purple

Dowton Abby: A new era. I just saw it today and liked it very much. I binged watched the series from the beginning starting in January. I've seen every episode and both movies. Having said all that this movie is good because you don't really need to see the whole series to enjoy it. My wife enjoyed it and never saw the series. (Spoiler Alert) My mother passed in January so the last part of the film got to me. Handkerchief. Yep I guess I'm a wimp.