• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Worse than Mother? I can’t imagine a worse movie.
Donnie Darko, perhaps? Or the awful Prometheus. Then there's the execrable Event Horizon. Those are the ones that leap, unfortunately, to mind...

There are a legion of films that chronicle the descent of a character, or engender a sense of dread and fear. Some do it well, and others just hit the numbers and move on. Keeping to the horror genre, Robert Wise's The Haunting was a classic. Even The Ghost and Mrs. Muir was excellent in both being a horror film and a love story. John Carpenter shot Halloween on a complete shoestring budget, but produced a film that was fresh and engaging. He didn't produce anything up to that standard until he shot The Thing some years later.

As to Mother, the only thing that comes close is Melancholia, and that film's sole redeeming factor was Kirsten Dunst running around bare-assed. I may not know much about art, but I know what I like...

Eight

Donnie Darko, perhaps? Or the awful Prometheus. Then there's the execrable Event Horizon. Those are the ones that leap, unfortunately, to mind...

There are a legion of films that chronicle the descent of a character, or engender a sense of dread and fear. Some do it well, and others just hit the numbers and move on. Keeping to the horror genre, Robert Wise's The Haunting was a classic. Even The Ghost and Mr. Chicken was excellent in both being a horror film and a love story. John Carpenter shot Halloween on a complete shoestring budget, but produced a film that was fresh and engaging. He didn't produce anything up to that standard until he shot The Thing some years later.

As to Mother, the only thing that comes close is Melancholia, and that film's sole redeeming factor was Kirsten Dunst running around bare-assed. I may not know much about art, but I know what I like...
fixed it for you and it easily is some of don knotts' best work

ShadowFrog

Moderators
355 is excellent—good action, color & smoldering moves. Oh wait….that was all Jessica Chastain. But I digress no seriously good film good stars good action – sort of a combination of Jason Bourne and James Bond. Probably even a decent date movie. Enjoy the Girl Power.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Haven't seen anyone talk about Spider-Man yet. I thought it was a solid movie, but for some reason I felt like it was lacking. Good story, I enjoyed the lack of the uncanny valley in Alfred Molina, Jamie Foxx, and Willem Dafoe's de-aging, but something just felt off about it. I know the reviews are all stellar, even considering the mind boggling retcon ending (which I won't spoil), but I dunno... I give it a 6 or 7 out of 10.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Seen on Ace of Spades this morning...

Your%20Favorite%20Book.jpg