• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

HFrog1999

People who work in motion pictures just suck on the teat of government handouts, meanwhile they perpetuate a culture based on sex and violence.

Ah, a culture of Sex and Violence

Damn, High School was fun!

raw

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Finishing it right now. Started this morning but kept getting distracted. Basically Star Wars and Game of Thrones combined. Visually, it's stunning. Everything the recent Star Wars should have been. It's a bit difficult to follow but a very compelling story. Hope the ending doesn't disappoint.
Lol it may bc it only takes us about 1/3 to 1/2 way through book one

JugbandFrog

I’m gonna need to read a recap, kinda like when I was reading A Song of Fire and Ice novels, but man do I want to read one. Dune was good. A lot of expository, but it was leading somewhere and it added depth to the story and characters. Very well done. Soundtrack was excellent and definitely a movie to see in a theater.

Horned Toad

Saw Dune and it was excellent. Recommend totally if you are a Frank Herbert fan. Best of the three versions of the trilogy to date (two movies, one TV version). Excited about the yet unannounced part 2 version.

Last edited:

Eight

suspect that dune is going to be a movie that will be loved by those who know the story, but will be confusing and boring to some who just don't have the background exposure or willingness to invest an entire first movie to get the pay off in the second

JugbandFrog

suspect that dune is going to be a movie that will be loved by those who know the story, but will be confusing and boring to some who just don't have the background exposure or willingness to invest an entire first movie to get the pay off in the second
I had no idea what I was getting into, only that I tried to watch the first two and they were trash.

I caver cuz I saw a high Rotten Tomatoes score and a high audience score on the site (like 93%} I’m looking forward to the next two.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
It's a two part film?

Eight

It's a two part film?

villeneuve split the story into two parts with the first supposedly ending some time after the attack of the harkonnens and paul and his mother fleeing for their lives.

haven't seen it yet, but what i have been told yet is paul truly doesn't know his destiny yet so i imagine they either have just met or are about to meet the fremen

dv felt there was too much to the subject matter to do what lynch did, but the challenge is the study from what i understand has not yet greenlighted the money for the second movie and then you have the small issue of getting the cast back together

villeneuve split the story into two parts with the first supposedly ending some time after the attack of the harkonnens and paul and his mother fleeing for their lives.

haven't seen it yet, but what i have been told yet is paul truly doesn't know his destiny yet so i imagine they either have just met or are about to meet the fremen

dv felt there was too much to the subject matter to do what lynch did, but the challenge is the study from what i understand has not yet greenlighted the money for the second movie and then you have the small issue of getting the cast back together

So in 5 years we'll have the sequel?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

Wow... That's disappointing.

The visuals are simply lush and beautiful. I will likely try and find an IMAX to see it, if I can talk Mrs. Brewingfrog into a trip to San Antonio...