• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Virginia Frog

If you didn’t like his love interest, and don’t like to see hot ladies, don’t type in Léa Seydoux and “Blue is the Warmest Color” in Google Images…
I do watch a lot of foreign films and Léa Seydoux and “Blue is the Warmest Color” was OK. Lesbeonics theme.

She may be HOT, but I'm not into watching lady love. (Nothin' in it fer me!)

Zubaz

Just watched the new Dave Chappelle Netflix special that has the trans community up in arms.

I thought it was scheissing hilarious.
I'm convinced that, as per usual, the people outraged by it didn't see it. There's absolutely no way you could listen to the last twenty minutes of that special and be outraged. It wasn't even stand up comedy at that point. It was a monologue with some joke beats.

LisaLT

I'm convinced that, as per usual, the people outraged by it didn't see it. There's absolutely no way you could listen to the last twenty minutes of that special and be outraged. It wasn't even stand up comedy at that point. It was a monologue with some joke beats.
I’ve always liked his comedy. I think it’s his delivery. I miss his Comedy Central show. So darn funny.

HFrog1999

tcudoc

Sheriff's office: Alec Baldwin discharged prop gun that killed crew member, wounded director​

Interested to learn more about this one. Sounds very sad.
Alec is funny and a good actor but seems to be a genuinely mean person based on some limited stuff I’ve seen in the press.

HFrog1999

Interested to learn more about this one. Sounds very sad.
Alec is funny and a good actor but seems to be a genuinely mean person based on some limited stuff I’ve seen in the press.

Yeah, I’ve enjoyed a lot of the roles he’s played. Sadly he does seem to be a huge jerk. However this is a horrible and sad tragedy. I remember when Brandon Lee died. Someone screwed up. It’s amazing this doesn’t happen more often considering how many blanks are fired in movies. Any debris in the barrel can be dangerous.

Frog-in-law1995

Rule #1. Always remember Rule #1 with firearms.

That's just terrible.
When I took a hunter’s safety course around 11 or 12 to get my first license, the two guys that taught it made a show of always checking the action whenever they passed the rifle back and forth between them. One guy would check it, talk for 5 seconds, hand it to the other guy who would then check it, talk for 5 seconds and hand it right back. Then guy #1 would check it again. It seemed a bit absurd.

Then one guy forgot to do it one time (or so we thought) and while he was talking, he pulled the trigger firing off a blank they had snuck in without anyone seeing it. Lemme tell you, an unexpected .243 report in a small, enclosed room will get your attention. I don’t remember anything else they taught us in that class, but I have never and will never forget rule 1. I even make my kid treat nerf guns as always loaded.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Is a "prop gun" a firearm though?

4 rules of firearm safety:
  • 1) Treat all guns as if they are always loaded.
  • 2) Never let the muzzle point at anything you are not willing to destroy.
  • 3) Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target and you have made the decision to shoot.
  • 4) Be sure of your target and what is behind it.

HFrog1999

Is a "prop gun" a firearm though?

4 rules of firearm safety:
  • 1) Treat all guns as if they are always loaded.
  • 2) Never let the muzzle point at anything you are not willing to destroy.
  • 3) Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target and you have made the decision to shoot.
  • 4) Be sure of your target and what is behind it.

#4 is especially important to my family

More info on the shooting