• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Pharm Frog

Show needed a foil IMO. Mrs Pharm was borderline angry. Went on a rant about "ungrateful laundry boy" which I told her was a racist trope and that made her even madder.

tcudoc

If it hasn’t been mentioned, Squid Games on Netflix is a MUST watch crazy series from Korea. Absolutely binge worthy. I’m hooked and plan to finish tonight.
Started that a few days ago and watched a few episodes on my recent flights.
Just so weird.
It feels a little like Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory meets the Hunger Games meets Godzilla meets the Teletubbies meets Saving Private Ryan.
The acting is Lifetime movie bad but it is interesting enough to make me keep watching.

LisaLT

Just so weird.
It feels a little like Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory meets the Hunger Games meets Godzilla meets the Teletubbies meets Saving Private Ryan.
The acting is Lifetime movie bad but it is interesting enough to make me keep watching.
It reminded me of Enter the Dragon Bruce Lee flick. Crazy story line and scenes.

Pharm Frog

Just so weird.

Perfect description.

JugbandFrog

Just so weird.
Well, the acting is bad if you listen to it in English. I had to switch cuz the voice dubs were HORRIBLE. In the original language, with the subtitles, it was night and day. It was hard as i had to read it all, but the acting really shined in the native language.

JugbandFrog

Can't recommend Old Henry enough. It's for rent on Amazon Prime.

Western starring Tim Blake Nelson... I do recommend not watching the full trailer, gives away more plot than it needs to.
Thanks!! I hadn’t even heard of it. Excellent movie. I love westerns, and for the most part, I love how modern westerns capture the griminess of the era.

Also, Dorf has been killing it as of late. I loved him in the latest season of True Detective.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
If any of yall are into scary movies, Halloween Kills was pretty good.

For those of you that don't know, they did a reboot in 2018 so this is basically part 3 of the Halloween series now. It goes from the original Halloween in 1978 to 40 years later in 2018 and now.

If you have the Peacock app you can stream it from there.

Last edited:

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Not sure if it was discussed already, but Free Guy staring Ryan Reynolds was a fun movie with a lot of laughs. I think it hits DVD in a couple of weeks if you didn’t get a chance to watch it in the theaters.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
The spousal unit made me watch streaming of Maid on Netflix. Started out kind of depressing, but was actually very good.
Andie McDowell looked like a witch, has not aged well, but the lead is her actual daughter who apparently looks like her dad. McDowell played crazy person very well perhaps just your basic liberal ex hippie.

Anyway, was surprised it was a true story…

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Saw No Time To Die, typical Bond except obvious ending, with Craig saying this was his last Bond.

Ana de Armas had way too small part. Can’t see enough of her IMO.

Spoiler alert:

Appears the new rule that everything white/male is now black/female has invaded MI6…

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
The spousal unit made me watch streaming of Maid on Netflix. Started out kind of depressing, but was actually very good.
Andie McDowell looked like a witch, has not aged well, but the lead is her actual daughter who apparently looks like her dad. McDowell played crazy person very well perhaps just your basic liberal ex hippie.

Anyway, was surprised it was a true story…
Andie McDowell dialed overacting up to an 11. Other than that, the mini-series was very good.