• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

steelfrog

Tier 1
if you are looking for something a bit "different" and the cartoonish violence of korean film isn't an automatic no some might want to try "squid game" on netfilx .

will warn you it isn't for the faint and the subject touched is very raw at times

steel, saw the trailers for foundations being run by apple and i am very torn, looks like they spent big on this, just still cautious they can properly handle the source material

Ya it looks like they are serializing it weekly as opposed to releasing all episodes at once, so Steel will wait til they're all out and then watch; plus, can see reviews.

Anybody seen Dune yet?

Steel just started The North Waters on Amazon (AMC) -- pretty dang good so far!

Thinking about watching Gangs of London as well.

Mr. Mercedes is pretty darn good, bought on Amazon for $20

steelfrog

Tier 1
if you are looking for something a bit "different" and the cartoonish violence of korean film isn't an automatic no some might want to try "squid game" on netfilx .

will warn you it isn't for the faint and the subject touched is very raw at times

steel, saw the trailers for foundations being run by apple and i am very torn, looks like they spent big on this, just still cautious they can properly handle the source material

The [potential for disappointment is high because Foundation is a series, at least the original trilogy, that Steel prolly read 5 or 6 times as a kid, when Steel was into SciFi.

Now Steel reads almost exclusively military history or biographies. No fiction

Eight

Ya it looks like they are serializing it weekly as opposed to releasing all episodes at once, so Steel will wait til they're all out and then watch; plus, can see reviews.

Anybody seen Dune yet?

Steel just started The North Waters on Amazon (AMC) -- pretty dang good so far!

Thinking about watching Gangs of London as well.

Mr. Mercedes is pretty darn good, bought on Amazon for $20

started gangs of london with decent expectations and was disappointed

Eight

anyone else seen bond 25 yet?

disappointed they make such a big deal about wanting to send craig out with a bang as well as this being the 25th and get a very mediocre movie

first and foremost way, way, way too little ana de armas. don't care if you have her merely standing in the background, this is a scheissing bond movie so how do you have so little of this:

second, all the crap made about the female 00 and i never felt ever like she was a physical threat to anyone unless she was carrying a gun. the 00's are assassins acting as spies and yet if this one and say charlize theron's character from atomic blonde fought it is charlize kicking arse and taking names

did enjoy seeing the dbs superleggera. the car is a beast and the second most beautiful thing in the movie

2021-Aston-Martin-DBS-Superleggera.jpg

finally, did they get matthew vaughn to write the last 5 minutes because why the scheiss did they go "layer cake" at the end? this is a freaking bond movie, not the english patient or gawd damn trainspotting. this was like owning a chick fil a franchise and losing money. you have to freaking try to do that.

Frogenstein

I haven’t seen the movie and only an idiot comments on something they know obviously know nothing about. I am that idiot. From your description I believe it is a point in the movies favor that the female isn't a physical threat to other trained assassins. Too many modern movies have tiny women beating the crap out of Mike Tyson types. But give the woman a gun and the playing field is at least leveled.

Pharm Frog

First time since For Your Eyes Only that I've not seen a Bond release on opening day. Might see it on Wednesday if FIL wants to go but otherwise I'll see it when I see it. Kind of over it.