• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

ftwfrog

Look kids - Big Ben, Parliament
As silly as European Vacation was I still quote it all of the time.
Anytime I’m serving bratwurst at my house, “God I miss Jack!”

“He’s not going to pork her Russ!”

-Stewardess to Clark “Would you like that beer in the can?”
—Clark, looks toward the back of the plane, “um, no. I’ll drink it here.”

JugbandFrog

I miss the 80s gratuitous nudity. This and the gal from Just One Of The Guys were some great drops.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Yeah. Affleck plays off the everyday, fight foe what’s right thing, plus be the billionaire. I don’t think he would have done as good a job portraying the origin story as good as Bale, but as the fully developed Wayne and Batman, Affleck fees right.
I respect your opinion but the only thing I liked about the Affleck Batman was that he was a killer.

All that no guns stuff that the Bale Batman was about was thrown out the window. I loved how the Affleck Batman was dead set on killing Superman.

Other than that, I really haven't cared about the DC movies, and I hate saying that because I loved Batman as a lil kid. The Adam West Batman series is one of my all time favorite shows. I wake up every Saturday morning at 6 so I can watch it on H&I, just like watching Saturday morning cartoons when I was a lil kid lol.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
There are always many more instances for mindless escape from reality entertainment, thank God for that. But for a bit more serious viewing and introspection, The Shack is hard to beat.

For the those who refuse to believe there is even the slightest chance of something larger in the universe, The Shack make for some a fun sappy comedy. For those who have had tragedy in their life and and even even hold out even the smallest chance of a greater power, it might even bring some solace into their lives. People have suffered much more in their lives than me and my wife, but we when we had a miscarriage it certainly affected my wife much more than it can for a man. I think this little movie has helped her deal with it so many years later. We never miss a chance to see it. One of those to watch when you need a boost.

Tim McGraw, Octavia Spencer, Graham Greene and Sam Worthington the crippled guy from Avatar are the most recognizable.

Not meaning to preach at all and I don’t mean to say it will mean as much to everyone, but is certainly thought provoking and worth a shot.

Now that I’ve livened up the mood, back to the regularly schedule frivolity....

Last edited:

I quote on about a once a week clip. When I hear bells my eyes light up and I say "those bells haven't rang in years" just praying someone asks "what do they mean?"

I have a friend who for nearly 15 years every time I see him I bro hug it out and say "oink oink my good man." I don't think he has ever caught on to what it means but not once has he ever asked.

Mad Max Road Warrior was better than the low budget original.

I loved the 1st one. It set the tone for the entire series. Things were not yet dystopic so you get to see who Max is and why he became who he was. Also introduced us to Toecutter who would be played by the same guy who played Immortal Joe in Fury Road.

A Fury Road prequel is in production right now set to be released in 2023 and I heard Miller is working on another that I hope he finishes before either he or I die.

My power ranking of the series:

1) Fury Road - Just a film-making masterpiece
2) Mad Max
3) Road Warrior
4) Thunderdome

JugbandFrog

I quote on about a once a week clip. When I hear bells my eyes light up and I say "those bells haven't rang in years" just praying someone asks "what do they mean?"

I have a friend who for nearly 15 years every time I see him I bro hug it out and say "oink oink my good man." I don't think he has ever caught on to what it means but not once has he ever asked.
The 2nd pair of boobies I ever saw was when the German gal flashes the kid. The first was Tanya Robert’s coming out of the water in Beastmaster only to find the ferrets had stolen her clothes.

To this day, every time I get lost or the Waze instructions leave me confused, I say: “Look kids, Big Ben, Parliament.”

Eight

actually preferred when ricky gervais said much of the first video clip directly to hollywood the last time he hosted the golden globes, but i do think it is interesting how the oscar's were perceived outside the us

Eight

if you are a fan of tom clancy's work and looking forward to "without remorse" on amazon a word of warning.

sheridan, staples, and sollima friday night lighted the [ Finebaum ] out of one of clancy's best books to the point these are basically two different stories with a few things carried over from the book for reasons i don't really understand.

will leave it up to you to decide if the movie on its own is any good, but other than a few names get ready for a different story in a different time.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
After watching the first episode of "Jack Ryan" and walking out before it ended, I have snarlingly avoided anything else produced by Amazon bearing Tom Clancy's name.

Eight

After watching the first episode of "Jack Ryan" and walking out before it ended, I have snarlingly avoided anything else produced by Amazon bearing Tom Clancy's name.

money is obviously not the problem for amazon so i am not really sure what the heck they are doing with the jack ryan character

what i have read is the "without remorse" project was already started when amazon bought it most likely to fill shelf space

the common thread is that aside from some names and situations they are basically new stories that have scant little to do with the stories written and characters developed by clancy

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
if you are a fan of tom clancy's work and looking forward to "without remorse" on amazon a word of warning.

sheridan, staples, and sollima friday night lighted the [ #2020 ] out of one of clancy's best books to the point these are basically two different stories with a few things carried over from the book for reasons i don't really understand.

will leave it up to you to decide if the movie on its own is any good, but other than a few names get ready for a different story in a different time.

Big Clancy fan. Here's my rating of Amazon's latest:

angry-senior-man-redneck-with-two-thumbs-down-hand-gestures-picture-id613788900

I give it two thumbs down...without remorse.

Latest posts