• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

tcudoc

everyone knows sequels (aside from godfather 2) are merely money grabs and never can compare to the original
Has this thread already discussed the outlier movies where sequels were as good or better than the original?
You mentioned The Godfather. I would say Christmas Vacation was as good and probably better than the original. European Vacation and the Las Vegas one were typical sequels.
Mad Max Road Warrior was better than the low budget original.
The Dark Knight was also better than the first one.
The Empire Strikes Back was also likely better than the original.

I am sure there are a few more, but those are the ones that come to mind.

Frog-in-law1995

Has this thread already discussed the outlier movies where sequels were as good or better than the original?
You mentioned The Godfather. I would say Christmas Vacation was as good and probably better than the original. European Vacation and the Las Vegas one were typical sequels.

Uhm...

https://forum.killerfrogs.com/index.php?threads/ot-movies-thread.213110/page-60#post-2899812

Last edited:

jake102

bad in so many different areas and levels you almost have to try to be the bad overall

Somehow Gal Gadot was the worst thing about the movie. She’s never been a good actress, but she’s straight up awful in this. Read a rumor that she’s kind of mailed it in on the Wonder Woman character... apparently she’s awful in the new Snyder cut Batman v Superman also

Frog-in-law1995

Somehow Gal Gadot was the worst thing about the movie. She’s never been a good actress, but she’s straight up awful in this. Read a rumor that she’s kind of mailed it in on the Wonder Woman character... apparently she’s awful in the new Snyder cut Batman v Superman also

They’re all awful in that move. The Flash kid was moderately funny but overused. That’s about it.

Eight

her best work is in date night

Eight

not sure, but based upon the lack of things to discuss for tcu football and basketball why the heck not have another crack at it.

like the list and i think christmas vacation captured the good parts of the original and expanded beyond them without beating old jokes to death or trying to be something completely different

i think mad max did the same thing taking the road warrior character and adding to the fallen world around them.

2nd and 3rd batman with bale was better than the first because of better villians

no clue on the star war movies because the only one i have seen start to finish is the first one.

john wick 2 to me is better than the first because they took the best parts of john from the first, got rid of yosef's sniveling arse and dean winter's character who i am not sure why he was even included and they expanded the world in the shadows for us such as the various merchants john visited during his business trip to rome

Eight

need a rules interpretation as to whether or not something is a sequel

my daughter directed me to a podcast discussing this topic and they mentioned the good, the bad, and the ugly

this is the greatest of the westerns done by sergio leone, but i wouldn't consider it a sequel as the only thing that ties the movies together are clint, van cleeve is in two, and they are westerns

thoughts?

PO Frog

Look kids - Big Ben, Parliament