1. The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Discussion in 'Scott Nix Frog Fan Forum' started by Chongo94, Jan 14, 2018.

1. I was just catching up, and about to list it. I watched it last weekend...a great western...one of my favorites.

Another great 70s western...The Shootist. I think it might be The Duke’s best.

2. Finished Stranger Things S3 last night. Amazing.

TxFrog1999, nwlafrog and talor like this.
  3. Yes, Jeremiah Johnson...around 72 or 73. Another great western. One of Redford’s best.

4. I’d also like to nominate the 1978 Australian classic “Buffalo Rider.” Not because it’s any good...in fact it’s downright awful...but because without it we would not have “Guy on a Buffalo.”

Peacefrog likes this.
  5. Tron

Horned Toad likes this.
  6. I didn’t know what that was. Now I do. And I’m dead.

Thank you for this.

Purp and Frog-in-law1995 like this.
  7. Just watched what I believe are all 4 episodes. Hysterical. It's what I'd imagine Mitch Hedberg's music would be like if he played guitar and sang.

Frog-in-law1995 and Peacefrog like this.
  8. It’s an Austin band called The Possum Posse.

Purp likes this.
  9. I don’t think Guy on a Buffalo is funny.

I realize it is considered hilarious by damn near everyone, including people who I generally think are funny people, but I’ve never once laughed at it.

WhiteHispanicFrog likes this.
  10. Not even when he straight up got mauled by a cougar?

11. You take the music by itself or the video by itself and I think it's completely worthless. But the musical commentary is outstanding, IMO. The bit where he was mauled by a cougar was great musical commentary.

It's like an amalgam of Mystery Science Theater, Mitch Hedberg, and Weird Al.

Peacefrog and Frog-in-law1995 like this.
  12. Pretty good comparison.

Peacefrog and Purp like this.
  13. What? No Kentucky Fried Movie?

14. The Movies on CNN this week is the '90s

Chongo94 likes this.
  15. Diving into “your dead to me....” per thread..... might try Absentia and see if Stana is mildly sexy like she was in castle...

16. I don’t understand your words.

QuilterFrawg likes this.
  17. I understood the Stana part...

[​IMG]

berryfrog95 likes this.
  18. For the old farts that know who the Beatles were...

‘Yesterday’ was actually very good...

stbrab likes this.

19. And might I add, WOOF!

Chongo94 likes this.
  20. Hmmm, not sure what to think. Seems some scenes are almost identical shot for shot. Just a trailer I know but I’ll approach this one with caution.