• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

jack the frog

My Name on Netflix. More well done Korean work if you do subtitles or dub. A lot of the 90 lb. female lead fighting ten guys but good fight choreography and decent story make up for it.

Last edited:

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Watched a bunch of westerns a couple of years ago to fill a cultural void, since I watched none as a kid. Among the spaghetti westerns, a lesser-known one worth a watch is 1973's My Name Is Nobody with Terence Hill and Henry Fonda. Pokes fun at the genre while still delivering a good story.

Among the straight-ahead westerns not yet mentioned, I'd nominate The Big Country. Not much of a shoot-em-up, but a good story with a great cast.
Watching Henry Fonda play a truly evil villain, and really enjoying himself while doing so in Once Upon A Time In The West was fun. Otherwise, it was just too darned long.

Eight

Watching Henry Fonda play a truly evil villain, and really enjoying himself while doing so in Once Upon A Time In The West was fun. Otherwise, it was just too darned long.

hold on now, the guy who openly proclaims the greatness of the movie barry lyndon thinks once upon a time in the west is too long?

akin to a tolstoy fan thinking michner is too wordy

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
hold on now, the guy who openly proclaims the greatness of the movie barry lyndon thinks once upon a time in the west is too long?
Evidently, you have confused me with somebody else. I have long stated that Ryan O'Neal makes Barry Lyndon unwatchable. That, no matter how sumptuous the sets, costumes, cinematography, and the cast of thousands, Ryan O'Neal is a ghastly actor and ruins each and every scene he pollutes.

Creeperfrog

Just finished the season 1 of Shrinking. A great comedy/drama, would recommend. Its on Apple TV so maybe you can catch a couple of PAC games as well. The 3 therapist are great, harrison Ford, Jason Segal, and I don't know her name but she is great. Lots of cursing so make sure little ones aren't around

Creeperfrog

I'd forgotten LT was in The Waterboy, and that Vickie Valencort steals LT's Porche. Makes you remember how great LT was. Wish I could have watched him as a frog. Just a couple years late

Reggie on Prime about Reggie Jackson is terrific. Mostly in his own words. Deals a lot with issues of race and racism. Reggie's persona off the field was just as big as the one on the field. Love him or hate him he's one of the all-time greats in baseball and one of the all-time great sports personalities. My dad still tells me the same Reggie Jackson stories he told me as a child. I can't get enough of it.

FrogCop19

I'd forgotten LT was in The Waterboy, and that Vickie Valencort steals LT's Porche. Makes you remember how great LT was. Wish I could have watched him as a frog. Just a couple years late
Are You Sure GIF by Monty Python