• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

JugbandFrog

Devotion was….ok.
Devotion was a major let down. I should have investigated it more as I was hoping it would be ABOUT the Korean war and these two pilot’s devotion to their duty in supporting the troops during the chinese advance. But basically all the best scenes we got were in the trailer.

The Liz Taylor part was pretty cool.

Chongo94

Rise of Empires: The Ottomans on Netflix is pretty dang good. It’s a historical docudrama type deal but the way they do it is great.

2nd season is about the battle between the Sultan and Vlad Tepes, yeah, that Vlad…and it may be better than the first season.

Last edited:

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Devotion was a major let down. I should have investigated it more as I was hoping it would be ABOUT the Korean war and these two pilot’s devotion to their duty in supporting the troops during the chinese advance. But basically all the best scenes we got were in the trailer.

The Liz Taylor part was pretty cool.
Yes, it needed much better editing.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Rise of the Ottomans on Netflix is pretty dang good. It’s a historical docudrama type deal but the way they do it is great.

2nd season is about the battle between the Sultan and Vlad Tepes, yeah, that Vlad…and it may be better than the first season.
Vlad Tepes, as you likely know, is still a super hero in Romania, Walachia, etc

Eight

Is it wrong to be interested in "80 For Brady"?

hmmmm.... which one to go with? there is this one:

giphy.gif

then this classi:

giphy.gif

and we bring senior chang back for this one:

giphy.gif

in the end however, do as you wish, but remember if you go in the day:

starsky-and-hutch-ben-stiller.gif

pick a good disguise​

Pharm Frog

never saw your comments about babylon which most likely sums up your thoughts
Okay…Babylon…didn’t hate it as much as some. Over-told for sure and gratuitously self-indulgent as most 3 hour movies are IMO. But the theme to me was compelling and the acting was sufficiently strong for me to take and sustain interest in several characters which is tough in that length. Not great. Not good per se. Needed editing and discipline. Mrs Pharm did not like it at all but understood why I found some value in it….not the least of which is the metaphorical title.

BUT…the worst thing was that we went into the theater (which was a historic experience itself) and left to find 5 inches of snow on the ground and still falling when there had been none before.

Creeperfrog

“Plane” sucked arse. Best part was the preview of the next Wick
Dang. I was kinda looking forward to seeing it. However, my overall thought is that any movie based on planes aren't great. Ppl might say Denzel or Harrison movies were good, but get off my post!! (Harrison)

I will concede Airplane! Was great