• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Jennifer Coolidge
jennifer-coolidge.jpg

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Not sure why they thought this needed a remake. Can it really get any better than Charlie Sheen, Oliver Platt and Kiefer Sutherland? Plus Chris O’Donnell as D’Artagnon? I mean, that’s just art in its purest form.
Yeah. There was the Salkind production back in the early 70's. You had Oliver Reed as Athos, and Richard Chamberlain as Aramis. Michael York was a little old for D'Artagnan, and whoever they got to play Porthos was terrible. Faye Dunaway as Milady and Charlton Heston as Cardinal Richelieu were wonderful, as was Christopher Lee as Rochefort. That was a lovely production back in the day...

The Randall Wallace production of The Man in the Iron Mask was cast beautifully, with the exception of Gabriel Byrne as D'Artagnan.

I am curious, and hopeful, about this production simply because it is all in French, and because the French tend to be passionate and lovingly faithful towards their own classics, and not turn them into Typical Hollywood Crap.

If you have not read the books by Alexandre Dumas, I strongly suggest them. The Kindle Editions are dirt cheap ( Alexandre Dumas: The Three Musketeers Complete Collection ) , and you can get them for free at Gutenberg.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Yeah. There was the Salkind production back in the early 70's. You had Oliver Reed as Athos, and Richard Chamberlain as Aramis. Michael York was a little old for D'Artagnan, and whoever they got to play Porthos was terrible. Faye Dunaway as Milady and Charlton Heston as Cardinal Richelieu were wonderful, as was Christopher Lee as Rochefort. That was a lovely production back in the day...

The Randall Wallace production of The Man in the Iron Mask was cast beautifully, with the exception of Gabriel Byrne as D'Artagnan.

I am curious, and hopeful, about this production simply because it is all in French, and because the French tend to be passionate and lovingly faithful towards their own classics, and not turn them into Typical Hollywood Crap.

If you have not read the books by Alexandre Dumas, I strongly suggest them. The Kindle Editions are dirt cheap ( Alexandre Dumas: The Three Musketeers Complete Collection ) , and you can get them for free at Gutenberg.
After that, read The Black Count about Alexadre Dumas the elder. A incredible biography

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
OK I just saw that the new Avatar is three sheissing hours and twelve minutes long? Good Lord, I’ve been to shorter Wagner operas.

I’m sorry, that is too self-indulgent on Cameron’s part