• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Pharm Frog

Wednesday, the Netflix Adam’s Family show about the daughter is actually pretty good. It’s funny and clever as heck and Thing steals the scenes constantly.
Yep. One episode away from finishing Season 1. I’m no Tim Burton fan but this is pretty good. Strange concoction of Riverdale, Harry Potter, and Scooby Do. Well written and acted. Correct in that Thing is freaking awesome.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
stifler's mom is enough for me to not watch

just one of those actors who never appealed and actually offputting, but each to their own preferences
There are a couple of other reasons to watch (With better bods and fewer clothes-see above).

Thank God she is not the focal point, but her annoyingness has a reason…

Chico Dusty

How far into it before it gets good? I’ve watched half the first episode and it’s kind of blah. I know I’m impatient.

Assume you’re on season 1? I’d say episode 3 or 4.

Just finished season 2. I think it’s better, but still really enjoyed season 1. Season 2 has more action and wild plot lines.

It’s def a weird, odd show. So if you like that… but can see how it’s not for everyone.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
Jennifer Coolidge
jennifer-coolidge.jpg

FrogCop19

Who’s seen the new Avatar movie? Thoughts?. Heard good reviews but want real people opinions.
Saw it last night. The original is a family favorite, so take this with a grain of salt.

We loved it. Had different opinions on it re: if it was better than the original, but the visuals (as expected) were simply amazing. Storyline was similar to the last one, also as expected, but I liked how they didn't change the characters' personalities. For example, change the main female character into an over-protective mother hen or the main character into a tree-hugging pansey. They maintain their battle-tested roots, and they're gonna need it, because there's a LOT of action sequences. Some new animals that we loved, not-so-subtle jabs at whaling and other "ecoterrorism" type stuff, but not any more so than the first movie.

TL;DR it's really good, visuals are amazing, storyline is similar. Would fully recommend if you liked the first one.

Chongo94

Saw it last night. The original is a family favorite, so take this with a grain of salt.

We loved it. Had different opinions on it re: if it was better than the original, but the visuals (as expected) were simply amazing. Storyline was similar to the last one, also as expected, but I liked how they didn't change the characters' personalities. For example, change the main female character into an over-protective mother hen or the main character into a tree-hugging pansey. They maintain their battle-tested roots, and they're gonna need it, because there's a LOT of action sequences. Some new animals that we loved, not-so-subtle jabs at whaling and other "ecoterrorism" type stuff, but not any more so than the first movie.

TL;DR it's really good, visuals are amazing, storyline is similar. Would fully recommend if you liked the first one.
I’ve been on the fence, the trailer made it look rather meh to me. But I’ll give it a try now, thanks.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse

I’ve been on the fence too. The trailers aren’t awesome. Also, though I can almost always separate the art from the artist, some of James Cameron’s recent comments have had me thinking maybe he doesn’t need/want my money.

You’ve sold me though…I’ll go and I will likely get sucked in. I usually do…