• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

SwissArmyFrog

It's easy. I would rather still watch a good show and limit (the parts that I can control at least) said show's few weaknesses or annoyances to still enjoy it than not watch it at all.

I did the same thing with "Breaking Bad". Didn't like the family angst scenes between Walter and his wife. If I felt like I missed something important, I would go back and watch, but that was rare. Made the show go faster as I binge watched, too.

On another note, I REALLY like "Better Call Saul". No need (yet) to do the above.

Chongo94

I did the same thing with "Breaking Bad". Didn't like the family angst scenes between Walter and his wife. If I felt like I missed something important, I would go back and watch, but that was rare. Made the show go faster as I binge watched, too.

On another note, I REALLY like "Better Call Saul". No need (yet) to do the above.

Completely agree. Moose will probably say something to you about doing that, however.

Pharm Frog

I will see your Waterworld and raise you a Life Aquatic, with Bill Murray. Makes Waterworld look like a once in a lifetime masterpiece.

There are plenty of movies worse than Waterworld. But there are very few (if any) that went to such expense and hype to be terrible. And I agree....Life Aquatic was bad. Ishtar is bad. Biodome is bad. Freddy Got Fingered is bad. Striptease and Showgirls are both bad and I watch them every damn time they come on.

Pharm Frog

Sorry but I thought the "angst" between Cranston and Gunn was some of the best stuff in that whole show. I know that a lot of people didn't care for Gunn in that role but I thought she was fantastic.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Excruciatingly bad. But sometimes I watch part of it when it's on just to give me a fresh perspective on the baseline for awfulness.

I once read that Dennis Hopper thought that that was one of the best shoots he had ever been a part of. Lots of downtime, and got to play golf at all the best courses on Kauai many times...

Lone Frog

There are plenty of movies worse than Waterworld. But there are very few (if any) that went to such expense and hype to be terrible. And I agree....Life Aquatic was bad. Ishtar is bad. Biodome is bad. Freddy Got Fingered is bad. Striptease and Showgirls are both bad and I watch them every damn time they come on.

The sad thing is that Striptease by Carl Hiaasen is one of the funniest damn books I've ever read. Seriously, pick it up. The movie is trash, but the book's wordplay makes it awesome.

Eight

Ditto...can't get more relevant in today's climate.

i hear and read this comment frequently, but is what is happening today really that different that what has happened in the past with governments not completely being honest

one of the truest things i have ever heard is that mankind just seems to recycle history instead of create it