• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Creeperfrog

Better call Saul thought/question. Any idea why Jimmy was so persistent to have Kim go instead of him? Like was he scared she might be r'd or was it a selfish thing.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Better call Saul thought/question. Any idea why Jimmy was so persistent to have Kim go instead of him? Like was he scared she might be r'd or was it a selfish thing.
At first I thought he was hoping she’d run, but it appears he knew he couldn’t do it or he actually thought it wouldn’t work like he said. Who is going to open to open the door to a strange guy in the middle of the night.

Chongo94

Has anyone ever read Louis L’Amour’s book, Last of the Breed…?

I feel like that would be an excellent movie if done right. I’m amazed it’s never been developed into one. Or if it has, I’ve totally missed it.

JogginFrog

Rewatched the 2013 Muscle Shoals documentary last night on Amazon Prime. Highly recommend for music lovers. Astounding how many massive hits came out of that little town for so many varied artists. And how many legends they got to sit down and talk about it on film. Take three minutes to watch the opening credits and see if you don't stay for the whole thing.

Edit: And if you don't stay for the whole thing, at least watch the sequence from 1:19:00 about Freebird.

Last edited:

Chongo94

No but Louis L’Amour was my grandpa’s favorite author. Might need to start trying to read his stuff.
Most of his stuff is Western, obviously, minus a few things, this book being one of those sorta.

The plot takes place during the Cold War and the main character is a US Air Force spy plane pilot that gets shot down and captured over the Soviet Union.

He also happens to be Native American and he escapes from his prison gulag and decides to head home for the USA using the “ancestral” way, over Siberia and the Bering Strait. The whole way he’s followed by Soviet forces and this other huge evil Soviet Siberian Eskimo dude and he has to revert back to all his Native American know how to live off the land and escape and stuff.

Great book! And seems like it could be made into a great movie.

FrogUltimate

He wanted her to run/escape/go to police. Before she left he said to her "you've got to go" or something to that effect, implying she should get away. And later in the episode Kim to said to Mike that Saul insisted she get away, implying that she knew Saul's real intention of saying she should do it.

stbrab

No but Louis L’Amour was my grandpa’s favorite author. Might need to start trying to read his stuff.
I don’t know if I’m old enough to be your Grandpa, but I started reading Louis L’Amour when I was in Junior High. At one time I had read them all…some multiple times. He was a great storyteller…

Creeperfrog

He wanted her to run/escape/go to police. Before she left he said to her "you've got to go" or something to that effect, implying she should get away. And later in the episode Kim to said to Mike that Saul insisted she get away, implying that she knew Saul's real intention of saying she should do it.
I guess I can get behind that... I took it as he didn't want to do what he was told to do.

Wally the Frog

I don’t know if it is been mentioned or not, but I just finished The Offer on Paramount Plus about the production of The Godfather movie. I thoroughly enjoyed this series and wish that it was more than a one season tv show.

If you are a fan of The Godfather, than this is a must watch. You will enjoy it. There were a lot of good performances in the show including Miles Teller, Juno Temple, and Justin Chambers as Brando, but Matthew Goode’s portrayal of Paramount’s Bob Evans stole every scene he was in.

Ron Swanson

Rewatched the 2013 Muscle Shoals documentary last night on Amazon Prime. Highly recommend for music lovers. Astounding how many massive hits came out of that little town for so many varied artists. And how many legends they got to sit down and talk about it on film. Take three minutes to watch the opening credits and see if you don't stay for the whole thing.

Edit: And if you don't stay for the whole thing, at least watch the sequence from 1:19:00 about Freebird.
I’ve watched it three times. Just fantastic. That is the music I grew up listening to with my dad

Eight

watched the documentary "in search of greatness", no not looking for steel frog, on amazon

explores the theories as to what makes the very best in a given sport truly the very best

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
I don’t know if it is been mentioned or not, but I just finished The Offer on Paramount Plus about the production of The Godfather movie. I thoroughly enjoyed this series and wish that it was more than a one season tv show.

If you are a fan of The Godfather, than this is a must watch. You will enjoy it. There were a lot of good performances in the show including Miles Teller, Juno Temple, and Justin Chambers as Brando, but Matthew Goode’s portrayal of Paramount’s Bob Evans stole every scene he was in.
I've seen a lot of Grey's Anatomy and Justin Chambers always reminded me of Marlon Brando, circa "Streetcar". Good choice!
I'd really like to see The Offer, but I don't get that channel.

Eight

Watching the final season of Line of Duty. What a show!

And also, my god is this show capable of creating female characters that I just absolutely loathe with every fiber of my being. That other AC woman who interviews Hastings over the last few episodes….cannot stand her.

isn't it nice to watch a well thought out, well written series that isn't formula driven or feel the need to lecture to you but simply entertain