• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Ron Swanson

I get what you are saying and I totally agree, but at the same time it is a tv show... I took it as a tv show that wanted to have the viewer actually know what is happening

I don't want that horrible game of thrones episode where you couldn't see anything the entire time all the action took place
I rewatched that GOT episode with all the lights off in the room and it was a million times better

Creeperfrog

I rewatched that GOT episode with all the lights off in the room and it was a million times better
I never watched it with the lights on and I struggled.

I guess the question is what is more important in a tv show. Medieval/OPS lighting that would reflect actual life reality or technical irregularities that helps the casual viewer.

I noticed the NVG were on while there were flashlights to the side. It didn't bother me much. I bet there are a ton of ppl out in the world that don't know that isn't how Night vision works.

Maybe they should have done it like zero dark thirty

Chongo94

Was watching Reservation Dogs today (which is awesome btw) and this poster was shown. I have nothing else to add, I just wanted to share this poster of Heather Thomas (a true American icon)…

il_fullxfull.3085475908_etqd.jpg

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I get what you are saying and I totally agree, but at the same time it is a tv show... I took it as a tv show that wanted to have the viewer actually know what is happening

I don't want that horrible game of thrones episode where you couldn't see anything the entire time all the action took place
Yeah, my wife said, “It’s not a documentary!”

However, after reading how they went through some training with the Teams, you’d think someone might have given some technical advice.

tcudoc

I started watching a show on Netflix called After Life with Ricky Gervais. I am a big fan of his, so I stuck with it. It is super depressing, but funny at times. It has the ugliest bunch of sad sacks I have ever seen assembled in one place. Each character is so unfortunate that it is actually pretty funny. That being said, I have enjoyed it so far because it is so depressing it makes my life look better.
I don't necessarily recommend it unless you are looking for a mood killer, but, as usual, Ricky is entertaining with his biting wit and he throws around the C word an awful lot. I guess in British comedy, it is not considered as off limits as it seems in the US.
Anyways, there are only 3 seasons of about 6 episodes each at 24 minutes per show, so it is not a huge investment.

On a different note, I live in the country and internet access has always been an issue. We got Elon Musk's Starlink last week. It is a game changer. Streaming services were never a possibility except on our phones. Now, we have actual service that works! As someone who has been dealing with slow internet for several years (not that much better than dial up, honestly), it's a huge deal! If you ever see a HughesNet commercial on TV, don't believe what those liars try to tell you.

Eight

I started watching a show on Netflix called After Life with Ricky Gervais. I am a big fan of his, so I stuck with it. It is super depressing, but funny at times. It has the ugliest bunch of sad sacks I have ever seen assembled in one place. Each character is so unfortunate that it is actually pretty funny. That being said, I have enjoyed it so far because it is so depressing it makes my life look better.
I don't necessarily recommend it unless you are looking for a mood killer, but, as usual, Ricky is entertaining with his biting wit and he throws around the C word an awful lot. I guess in British comedy, it is not considered as off limits as it seems in the US.
Anyways, there are only 3 seasons of about 6 episodes each at 24 minutes per show, so it is not a huge investment.

On a different note, I live in the country and internet access has always been an issue. We got Elon Musk's Starlink last week. It is a game changer. Streaming services were never a possibility except on our phones. Now, we have actual service that works! As someone who has been dealing with slow internet for several years (not that much better than dial up, honestly), it's a huge deal! If you ever see a HughesNet commercial on TV, don't believe what those liars try to tell you.

after life was interesting and profound in certain aspects with how people act around those who have experienced loss

now sad and depressing is the new elvis money and i am not talking about how parker used elvis or spoiler alert, elvis died in the end

YA

Saw Top Gun Maverick and Elvis over the weekend.

I liked Top Gun because I am a plane freak but my wife hated it. She dislikes Tom Cruise with a passion so she might have been biased.

Went to see Elvis the next day and it was much better. I came away disliking the "col" and his voice talking about making it snow all the time.

Interesting story about Elvis and the La Hayride. My father, who would have been 92 yrs old this year, was part of the group of stations in the 50's that sponsored and promoted the Hayride. My father and mother meet Elvis and thought he was very nice, but very shy. Elvis slept on one my father's DJ's couch along with the other members of his band in a tiny apartment in Bossier City.

Eight

Saw Top Gun Maverick and Elvis over the weekend.

I liked Top Gun because I am a plane freak but my wife hated it. She dislikes Tom Cruise with a passion so she might have been biased.

Went to see Elvis the next day and it was much better. I came away disliking the "col" and his voice talking about making it snow all the time.

Interesting story about Elvis and the La Hayride. My father, who would have been 92 yrs old this year, was part of the group of stations in the 50's that sponsored and promoted the Hayride. My father and mother meet Elvis and thought he was very nice, but very shy. Elvis slept on one my father's DJ's couch along with the other members of his band in a tiny apartment in Bossier City.

thought elvis did not go into enough of the stories you mentioned and way, way too much of the over the top which is basically what the director has done with everyone of his movie

Creeperfrog

I really like your post bc it has everything I need before starting a show. I appreciate that you mention its not for everyone. I'm not into the awkward or sad shows, kinda like the office, via Ricky. I bet its good, I just don't need that. Thanks for all the info!!

HFrog1999

1zlmje.jpg

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
On a different note, I live in the country and internet access has always been an issue. We got Elon Musk's Starlink last week. It is a game changer.
We've had it for a few months now, and it has been fabulous! I finally got the mounting goodies, and have it bolted to the side of the house with a good view of the clear sky. Regular download speeds are 10 to 20 times better than any other alternative, and 4K streams are no sweat at all.