• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

And while I’m thinking about it, in your Oscar pools, This Is Me, from The Greatest Showman, WILL win best original song. Mark it down. Also, my picks: Frances McDormand and Gary Oldman for best actress/actor, Allison Janney and Willem Dafoe (in an upset) for supporting actress/actor, Guillermo del Toro for best director and Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri upsets The Shape of Water for Best Picture.

It's posts like this that make me wonder if you really like sports.

Chongo94

Anyone that still supports Hollyweird by paying to see movies is just....

giphy.gif

Chongo94

Watched American Assassin. Not bad. Not great, but not bad. If you're looking for a little under 2hours to kill, solid option.

Pharm Frog

Hostiles -- went to see it only because Mrs. Pharm wanted to see Mr. Bale for 2+ hours. I enjoyed it much more than Mrs. Pharm (Ha!). It's not Unforgiven which some have been trying to make it out to be but it's done well IMO with some excellent acting (Bale and Pike in particular). Scenery is outstanding. At times I felt like it was trying to be more artistic than it needed to be and the pace bothered the heck out of Mrs. Pharm (she would have preferred The Fast and the Furious Hostiles). I thought the pacing was just right. Oh...and Mrs. Pharm and I came away with completely different takes on what was trying to be conveyed. I think she's had too much GOT and Westworld and that colors everything she sees now. But, I despised the ending....hated it (although I admit it was wonderfully done from a theatrics perspective).

Saw it at an AMC with mainly 50-60 something's on Saturday morning for the $5 pre-noon showing. Was worth the $10 for Mrs Pharm and me (although Mrs. Pharm would disagree)

Zubaz

Every few years I get it in my head that "there's no way that Waterworld is as bad as I remember, I'll give it another shot". Then I rewatch it. And it is. It really is terrible.

Pharm Frog

Every few years I get it in my head that "there's no way that Waterworld is as bad as I remember, I'll give it another shot". Then I rewatch it. And it is. It really is terrible.

Excruciatingly bad. But sometimes I watch part of it when it's on just to give me a fresh perspective on the baseline for awfulness.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Excruciatingly bad. But sometimes I watch part of it when it's on just to give me a fresh perspective on the baseline for awfulness.

I will see your Waterworld and raise you a Life Aquatic, with Bill Murray. Makes Waterworld look like a once in a lifetime masterpiece.