• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Ron Swanson

This Way Up is a legitimately funny British/Irish comedy about two sisters on Hulu. Two seasons, six episodes each. Would be a good one to watch with your wife if she’s cool. It stars Sharon Horgan, from Catastrophe (also hysterical).

I’m also in the middle of a show called Outer Range starring Josh Brolin on Amazon prime. I thought it was just a modern day western when I started it but turns out to be a little more Syfy. I can’t decide what I think about it but I like it?

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
What’s the word on the new Nicholas Cage movie. Seems like I’ve heard it’s pretty good.
Seems weird to be cast in a role to be yourself. It sounds like it could be awesome or terrible. I doubt it’s in the middle ground.
It was okay, it could’ve been much better.

FrogCop19

Yeah, it was wasted time for me. It just didn’t go anywhere.
I've heard both. Some people loved it, action mixed with comedy mixed with deep philosophical musings.

Other people didn't like it just because it "missed" with them. I get that response, as well, as there are some movies that people love that I just head scratch.

I don't care if I end up not liking it, I am just trying to balance out the reports before I waste my wife's time...:D

Pharm Frog

This Way Up is a legitimately funny British/Irish comedy about two sisters on Hulu. Two seasons, six episodes each. Would be a good one to watch with your wife if she’s cool. It stars Sharon Horgan, from Catastrophe (also hysterical).

I’m also in the middle of a show called Outer Range starring Josh Brolin on Amazon prime. I thought it was just a modern day western when I started it but turns out to be a little more Syfy. I can’t decide what I think about it but I like it?
I’m intrigued by Outer Range. That said…there are certain red lines for me with shows like that where I’ll tap out but one person described it as Yellowstone meets Stranger Things meets Twin Peaks.

PurpleBlood87

Saw it on Friday night. It had its moments and closes some lose ends. The scenery of south France is winner.

It ends like there will be another movie at some date.
I'm sure there will be another on.
How will they survive the Depression and then WW2?