• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Eight

I think I railed rather extensively once about Barry Lyndon, and just how awful Ryan O'neill was in that otherwise lovely film...

ae5b86a3-7102-4399-8833-2642bdd84688_text.gif

sorry brewing, had to do it. barry freaking lyndon?​

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
kubrick also did eyes wide shut which was so bad it killed him......

plus, don't you EVER say anything bad about keanu
He's actually an excellent shooter. Does a lot of actual competition shooting. Very good at it. As an actor, I believe he peaked in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure...

As to Eyes Wide Shut, you have to respect a film where the key to the mystery is a very nice set of boobs...

Eight

He's actually an excellent shooter. Does a lot of actual competition shooting. Very good at it. As an actor, I believe he peaked in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure...

As to Eyes Wide Shut, you have to respect a film where the key to the mystery is a very nice set of boobs...

the man died of shame for putting his name on that film

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Oh, and 80 years ago today: 18 April 1942. The Doolittle Raid.

F1EE6693-4E98-400F-8C1E-AB19EE0193A0.jpegI had General Doolittle at our house when I was a kid. My dad knew him when he was Prez of Shell Oil And my dad was the Ventura oil field manager. Sent my dad a nice letter. He flew into Vandenberg AFB (was still a reserve officer) and had had staff car with General flags to visit the field. My dad was waiting at the gate in his 56 yellow Impala company car to show him around. Doolittle waved him in. He told the base commander he could have his staff car back and he’d drive with Jack (my dad). I remember him saying the MPs at the gate probably never saluted a yellow Impala before…

Last edited:

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Watched "The Batman" last night...all 2 hours and 57 minutes of it.

It was more of an endurance challenge than entertainment.

Very dark movie. Fine line between being Bat-man crazy and Riddler/Joker crazy.

Chongo94

Under the Banner of Heaven on Hulu is pretty good thus far. The book was amazing and the show is good but the book is better.

Show is a bit of a slow burn but also one that you can’t seem to stop watching really. And some great performances by the cast.

tcudoc

Under the Banner of Heaven on Hulu is pretty good thus far. The book was amazing and the show is good but the book is better.

Show is a bit of a slow burn but also one that you can’t seem to stop watching really. And some great performances by the cast.
I have the book but have not read it yet. I enjoy the author and Into Thin Air is one of my favorite books.

Chongo94

I have the book but have not read it yet. I enjoy the author and Into Thin Air is one of my favorite books.
Agreed, he does some great stuff. That Under the Banner book was fascinating although I’m sure some LDS members wouldn’t agree. Highly recommend you start reading it when you have time Doc.

Eight

What’s the word on the new Nicholas Cage movie. Seems like I’ve heard it’s pretty good.
Seems weird to be cast in a role to be yourself. It sounds like it could be awesome or terrible. I doubt it’s in the middle ground.

weird would have been to have nic in the movie cast as someone else while another actor played nic

Boomhauer

Great author. Really enjoyed Into The Wild so tried Into Thin Air as well and loved that too. Continued on to Under the Banner of Heaven which is another good one, but Into The Wild is the one that has stuck with me after all of these years. Always thought it would be fun to go back and visit some of the places he went, but especially the bus in Alaska. Although I believe they moved it now as too many people were getting into trouble trying to pilgrimage there.

Latest posts