1. The KillerFrogs

OT - McMansions

Discussion in 'Scott Nix Frog Fan Forum' started by Horny4TCU, Aug 17, 2019.

1. “We’ve got a pool and a pond...the pond would probably be better for you.”
    Great line from Caddyshack.

Mean Purple, tcujsauce, Eight and 6 others like this.
  2. Yeah, dual income families with college degrees can make a lot of money.

My wife doesn’t work. If she did and she made as much as I do, we could “afford” an $800,000 home.

However, I probably make more money because she handles all of the domestic responsibilities allowing me to focus on my career.

talor, Todd D., Purp and 2 others like this.
  3. I drive all over the metroplex. It’s amazing how many million dollar homes are around here.

I think most belong to dual income professionals and/or coastal transplants.

Horny4TCU likes this.
  4. We make our money from selling our +4s on stubhub, and look with pity at the huddled masses sweating in the sun as we sip our [ the old ricardo ]tails in the air conditioning overlooking our spacious empty seats in the lower west side bowl. Sometimes we say “someone should do something about that.” Then we order another round.

Bob Sugar, Frogs01, Eight and 11 others like this.
  5. Doctors, lawyers and business owners make up a large chunk of the huge house owner populous.

6. In my place for 32 years. It’s a home not a house.

Frog Wild and Frogfart like this.
  7. Walsh Ranch

8. Yep - my wife quit when our kid was born. If she hadn’t we could have afforded in that range

HFrog1999 likes this.
  9. Yeah and I'm ready for them to all leave now.

Frogs01, tcudoc and Purp like this.
  10. Very close to me. I'm in RBC.

11. Please don’t send them anywhere near FW.

Purp likes this.
  12. Don't worry. I'll tell them Fort Worth sucks and then proceed to retire in Tarrant County away from this hippy trash.

13. Is your name Hemoglobin?

14. Quit driving around my neighborhood.

Mean Purple and Bob Sugar like this.
  15. That sounds like the house I had in San Diego.

16. We were lucky enough to get into a 2100 sq ft house with guest house, in one of the (now) hottest neighborhoods in FW for $115k back in 2002. No way we could afford a house here now. We have decided this is our "forever home".

17. I thought a McMansion was a double wide on a lot covered with happy meal boxes and empty keystone cans

18. How are the taxes?

19. Probably terrible. We’re in a position to upgrade but I can’t bring myself to write a tax check every year for more than the $15k we’re paying now.

20. He was discharged from the Army at the rank of Corpuscle.

tcudoc likes this.