• The KillerFrogs

OT - Lonesome Dove marathon

Chongo94

According to my guide, there is a Lonesome Dove marathon happening on one of the Starz movie channels tomorrow (Sunday) starting at around 10:30 am.

And not just the original, which in my opinion is the only version worth watching, but they will also have a Return to Lonesome Dove marathon immediately following the Lonesome Dove one.

You’re welcome...if you have that channel.

Last edited:

PurpleBlood87

According to my guide, there is a Lonesome Dove marathon happening on one of the Starz movie channels tomorrow (Sunday) starting at around 10:30 am.

And not just the original, which in my opinion is the only version worth watching, but they will also have a Return to Lonesome Dove marathon immediately following the Lonesome Dove one.

Just my opinion but I thought Comanche Moon was excellent.

PurpleBlood87

One high school football program I covered the the 90s had a defensive coordinator who loved Lonesome Dove. He could quote it line for line.

One day, he was talking about it in the coaches meeting room/office and one of the varsity assistant coaches said he had never seen.

The coach got up all upset and told the head coach that he couldn't believe the people he was hiring.

The coach who had never seen it told me the next week that he had rented Lonesome Dove and that he and his wife started watching it Saturday and binged it all in one sitting. Said he couldn't believe he'd never seen it.

Paint It Purple

"What's good for [us] might not be for the weak minded" Augustus McCrae

tcudoc

I really have never seen an episode.
I was late to the game as well. After DVD’s lost market to streaming, our local game exchange store had a big sale on DVD’s, twenty for $20. It included multi disc packs which counted as only one. Lonesome Dove (the whole DVD set) was one of the ones I got for a buck.
The only reason I knew about it was from this thread several years ago. It is a really good show.

TCURiggs

I was late to the game as well. After DVD’s lost market to streaming, our local game exchange store had a big sale on DVD’s, twenty for $20. It included multi disc packs which counted as only one. Lonesome Dove (the whole DVD set) was one of the ones I got for a buck.
The only reason I knew about it was from this thread several years ago. It is a really good show.

Absolute smoking deal