• The KillerFrogs

OT - Last Meals

Horny4TCU

Good God, man! Where would one go to find delicious food of this kind?

Mrs. Brewingfrog and I spent a wonderful "Sparglefest!" in Munich some years ago. They keep the good stuff over there...
I haven't found any place here in the states... Greenwoods on Bluebonnet Circle used to do Schweinhaxe every once in a blue moon and it was good. But I never saw spargle there.

Last place I had good Schweinhaxe was actually in Hong Kong at Jimmy's Kitchen. But yeah, the best places are back in the Vaterland.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I haven't found any place here in the states... Greenwoods on Bluebonnet Circle used to do Schweinhaxe every once in a blue moon and it was good. But I never saw spargle there.

Last place I had good Schweinhaxe was actually in Hong Kong at Jimmy's Kitchen. But yeah, the best places are back in the Vaterland.
Heh. I actually had a damned good bowl of "Texas Chili" in a bistro on the Binnenalster in Hamburg. Go figure...

My Dad and I had a great trip one year, trying the regional differences in Schweinhaxe. Started in Passau, and worked our way up to Hamburg, leaving a trail of well-gnawed piggy bones in our wake. Of course, the local breweries in the small towns helped to wash all that down. What a fine trip that was...

Brog

There's a pretty nice looking restaurant about a block off Trafalgar Square in London, the restaurant called Texas Embassy. Wandered in a couple of years ago, thought a little chili would be good after fish and chips for a week or two. Didn't work. Waiter didn't know what chili was.