• The KillerFrogs

OT - Last Meals

Chongo94

Was watching something about prisons and they were talking about death row inmates’ last meals. It got me wondering what mine would be if I were ever, god forbid, in that situation.

So, post ‘em if you got ‘em. Can be very specific or very general.

Mine would be a chicken fried steak with cream pepper gravy, Golden chick tenders (spicy), Golden chick fries, a number 8 (Beef) from Rosa’s with chips, salsa, and queso....And maybe a Project X burger from Charlie’s to top it all off.

Dessert would be banana pudding, brownies, lofthouse cookies, a slice of lemon pie, some peach cobbler, and Girl Scout thin mints. And maybe more banana pudding...

And if any of you crazies go political in this thread, may you be haunted for all eternity by a Baylor grad screaming 61-58 in your ear every 5 seconds!!

Last edited:

BABYFACE

When I saw the title, I thought you were suggesting that we think about our last meal because you were predicting the end for the earth.

Seriously, I don’t if I would have an appetite with impending doom waiting.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Was watching something about prisons and they were talking about death row inmates’ last meals. It got me wondering what mine would be if I were ever, god forbid, in that situation.

Mine would be a chicken fried steak with cream pepper gravy, Golden chick tenders (spicy), Golden chick fries, a number 8 (Beef) from Rosa’s with chips, salsa, and queso....And maybe a Project X burger from Charlie’s to top it all off.

Dessert would be banana pudding, brownies, lofthouse cookies, a slice of lemon pie, some peach cobbler, and Girl Scout thin mints. And maybe more banana pudding...

And if any of you crazies go political in this thread, may you be haunted for all eternity by a Baylor grad screaming 61-58 in your ear every 5 seconds!!

Its a good thing that will be your last meal because your stomach is going to be scheissed after eating all that lol.

JugbandFrog

Dang!? Sounds like multiple last meals!

JugbandFrog

The Special Mexican Dinner from Monterrey Cafe in Weslaco, TX. Home of the best Chicken Fried Steak in America.

It’s actually called the Special Mexican Dinner.

Enchilada, beef crispy taco, rice, beans, and a chicken fried steak with their amazing cream gravy and one of a kind roll. Get that with their lime sweet tea and you might as well die cuz no other meal will come close to that awesomeness.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Smoked Prime Rib Special from Killen's BBQ, with Collards and Creamed Corn. 2 bottles of Cakebread Cab. For dessert, some of Ronnie's fabulous Peach Cobbler.

PhillyFrog

Massey's chicken fried steak and southern turnip greens and mashed baby red potatoes and buttermilk biscuits w/gravy.

Finir with pecan pie topped with Blue Bell.

I'd do the around the world special:

Double patty bacon cheeseburger
Sweet potato waffle fries

Neopolitan pizza

Filet Mignon, medium rare, Pittsburgh style
Mac and Cheese
Bacon green beans

Tomatillo Chicken Enchiladas
Refried black beans and rice

Chicken Parm
Bowtie Pasta

Pork dumplings
General Tao's Spicy Chicken

Texas Sheet Cake
Vanilla Ice Cream

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I guess my point was that they went downhill in the later years.
Sadly, yes they did. Yet for a time they were the absolute best at what they did. Such a pinnacle of achievement can only be maintained for a time, as cooks come and go, skills deteriorate, standards slip, and the general toll of time grinds away at everything. Thus, it is important to remember these bright, shining moments in our minds to remind us that such things are indeed possible, and to engender the hope that one day, a cook will emerge, and the Best Chicken Fried Steak ever will rise again!