• The KillerFrogs

OT: I-35W

Froggy Style

Someone should go to jail for selling out to allow toll highways to just be built along other existing highways. Take away existing lanes to make people desperate to pay $7 to get them 5 miles.

Some people are so desperate to cut taxes, they forget that taxes may be better spent just expanding the existing highway. Instead, we'll just have two highways for the rich and poor and pay some foreign company a tax for the next 50 years.

HToady

Do not worry, with the passage of the new infrastructure bill, I35 will so be going to 18 Lanes!
By soon I mean not in any of our lifetimes.....

East Coast

Tier 1
Someone should go to jail for selling out to allow toll highways to just be built along other existing highways. Take away existing lanes to make people desperate to pay $7 to get them 5 miles.

Some people are so desperate to cut taxes, they forget that taxes may be better spent just expanding the existing highway. Instead, we'll just have two highways for the rich and poor and pay some foreign company a tax for the next 50 years.
A toll road is another name for a tax.

steelfrog

Ticket Exchange Pass
What a massive trainwreck this highway is.

I feel its been under construction since I was at TCU 10 years ago. Will it ever finish?

Always traffic on this highway. Especially South Bound between Heritage Trace and 820 and then starting again at Northside.

I even see the express lanes that people have to pay for having to sit in traffic in the express lanes sometimes.

This morning they had I35W going northbound shut down to only one lane for construction. Took me damn near an hour to get from Allen to Belknap.

I always fear for my life when I am on I35W with all the traffic shifts, narrow lanes, construction and moron drivers.

I live near downtown now and signed up for Lifetime Fitness up on Golden Triangle since its only a 10 minute drive without traffic from where I live. I35 going north isn't as bad but there are still slowdowns. And southbound always takes at least half an hour to get home.

Allow steel to suggest that you never attempt driving in NYC, Jersey, LA, San Fran, Seattle or pretty much any major metrolopis outside the US of A. Your heart might not make it.

OmniscienceFrog

Ha! I actually thought about starting a thread on this topic on Tuesday after I was subjected to the misery that is I-35W in north Tarrant County. Every time I think they’ve reached the pinnacle of ineptitude they manage to summit a significantly higher peak of insanity previously beyond imagination.

No lie…I returned home on Thursday via the Bailey Turnpike through WF and down through Jacksboro and Weatherford. Map estimated that to be 3 minutes faster than I-35 anyway (home is outside Granbury but usually the WF route is 35-40m longer). Told Mrs Pharm that I’ll never travel that stretch of I-35 again…and I won’t. FWIW — Gainesville, Paul’s Valley, and Purcell are no picnics either.
I thank my lucky stars I don't have to drive to and from OKC and Tulsa like i had to do monthly 20-25 years ago