• The KillerFrogs

OT: Gronk just retired

Eight

Lots of injuries, obviously took a step back in skills, already has the rings, and he is building entrepreneurial side well.

agree completely.

he had back surgery in college at az even before the nfl. he has had more back injuries, the arm, and the knee.

i suspect he is going to be a guy who doesn't age well with all the injuries, 3 rings is more than most players in the history of the nfl, supposedly has never touched his salary so i would think he is going to be in good shape on money, and some guys don't want to be like brady and play forever.

WhatTheFrog

Give him a year out of the game like Witten. He'll have time to heal his aches and feel a lot better without the daily grind of NFL workouts. I anticipate him coming out of retirement because he misses the game and the payday, just like Witten. Time will tell.

I see Witten only lasting one season, if that. Same for Gronk when he comes out of retirement. Gronk may get two. We'll see.

Eight

Give him a year out of the game like Witten. He'll have time to heal his aches and feel a lot better without the daily grind of NFL workouts. I anticipate him coming out of retirement because he misses the game and the payday, just like Witten. Time will tell.

I see Witten only lasting one season, if that. Same for Gronk when he comes out of retirement. Gronk may get two. We'll see.

gronk supposedly hasn't spent any of his nfl salary and when you read there are things he is wanting to do with his life.

gronk doesn't have the family or even a wife so you have a guy who is still fairly young, much smarter than most people give him credit, with money, and in almost every other facet of life he is still a young man.

i don't see him coming back

WhatTheFrog

gronk supposedly hasn't spent any of his nfl salary and when you read there are things he is wanting to do with his life.

gronk doesn't have the family or even a wife so you have a guy who is still fairly young, much smarter than most people give him credit, with money, and in almost every other facet of life he is still a young man.

i don't see him coming back
Maybe. Like I said, we'll see. If he doesn't, he'll get into the HOF earlier. Depends on what his long term goals are, but people like him seem to miss the game once they are away from it. Not sure how he'd do as commentator. Not as good as Romo, I'm sure.

Eight

Maybe. Like I said, we'll see. If he doesn't, he'll get into the HOF earlier. Depends on what his long term goals are, but people like him seem to miss the game once they are away from it. Not sure how he'd do as commentator. Not as good as Romo, I'm sure.

gronk isn't say tim green who very much found a life outside of football in writing as well as being an attorney.

maybe it was things such as green being diagnosed with als and some of the other health problems of former players that will push gronk to find a life outside the game.

i don't see him doing the broadcasting and i do see him as a guy who finds life outside of the game and embraces it.

WhatTheFrog

gronk isn't say tim green who very much found a life outside of football in writing as well as being an attorney.

maybe it was things such as green being diagnosed with als and some of the other health problems of former players that will push gronk to find a life outside the game.

i don't see him doing the broadcasting and i do see him as a guy who finds life outside of the game and embraces it.
Like I said, I could possibly be wrong. He has reasons to stay out of the game, and he could have reasons to unretire at a later point. Maybe he's becoming disgruntled with the organization (as it appears may others have over the past year or two with grumblings that have emerged...you can google that, too), or maybe he's just too beat up to continue. Yes, Witten has been a more durable player. Maybe Gronk just isn't ready to do the work or endure the pain that the work requires at this point, but he might a year or two from now? I'm sure he'll feel like he can contribute at a later point, but he's not willing to go through that grind right now.

Regardless, unless you're a personal friend of his that he's disclosed his deepest personal feelings to, neither of us know exactly what he's thinking/feeling. I've voiced my opinion as have you.

Again, we'll see. All I know is that he should keep his trap shut if someone misses a play and he says "I could've made that play!" He should put up or shut up. A bit off topic on this last bit, but I digress.

McFroggin

Already running 3 companies with his brothers: Gronk Fitness, Gronk Bus, Gronk Nation. Combined they generate revenue of $30 million+. He’s plenty busy.