• The KillerFrogs

OT - Get Out

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
I am sorry, but for you in Florida or other places in the cone of Irma, don't mess around. Get Out! Take a vacation to Hawaii. or Alaska. Do not go to anywhere in the cone of probablility.

After surviving Ike, the eye of which went right over my house, as well as the non-event (for Houston) Rita and a number of others, I was very blasé about Harvey. Sure it was a hurricane, sure it would rain a lot, but the tax day floods were a non-event for me, so how bad could it be, really? So I proceeded to fly out to Europe Friday, feeling quite smug about getting out ahead of the storm, very confident my wife, son, and her 87-yo dad would be fine in our brand new Katy home.

Well, as the water rose, and the tone of concern in my wife's voice rose even higher as she watched the water and listened to the tornado from our interior closet, that smug feeling disappeared faster than a rape allegation in Baylor/Waco PD's files. I cancelled my meetings and got back as quickly as I could.

We were fortunate. No flooding at our home. But many many of our friends, co-workers, church members, etc., were not so fortunate. I spent last Wednesday-Sunday mucking out houses. Thousands more to go, thousands still underwater.

I will never ever underestimate or scoff at a hurricane again.

Bob is right. Get out.