• The KillerFrogs

OT: FOX's Tim Brando torches CFB Playoff committee, talks of 'corrupt system' and 'Alabama privilege

Wexahu

What exactly does any of this have to do with the 2019 college football season? Oh, now I remember. Nothing. Jack. scheissing. [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ]. Or at least it shouldn't matter. Teams should be evaluated on the product they produce this season, not get rewarded for what happened five years ago. Is still TCU getting credit for 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, and 2017 when we won 10+ games? No, and neither should Alabama.

What did LSU gain by beating Alabama? Really, what did they gain? What's their reward? The right to play 60 additional minutes of football against a good team, putting players at risk for injury/suspension and more plays and tendencies on film while Alabama sits at home and gets an extra week of rest and prep for the playoff? Is that really a reward? Their wins over Florida and Texas would have backdoored them into the CFP.* LSU would have been better off losing if Alabama is given a mulligan.

The CFB regular season is supposed to matter. What really matters is the name on the jerseys. Alabama had their shot, their one game against a top-ranked opponent this season, and they blew it. They were down 20 at the half. They threw out a clunker. Florida played LSU closer. Auburn played LSU closer. Minnesota took the field against the Pedos knowing their season was on the line, that a loss would ruin their CFP chances. Alabama took the field knowing they had a mulligan.

*It's nonsense that non-champions are allowed in anyway.

What did LSU gain? The right to lose the SEC championship game and stay ahead of Alabama if Bama goes 11-1. Alabama isn't getting in without help, that's what that loss cost them.

Zubaz

And it's fine if you think the A&M win is more impressive (even though Baylor did it twice to Alabama only doing it once). If we were comparing 1-loss teams perhaps there would be a debate. That's certainly not enough to justify a 1-loss team over an undefeated team though.

Wexahu

And it's fine if you think the A&M win is more impressive (even though Baylor did it twice to Alabama only doing it once). If we were comparing 1-loss teams perhaps there would be a debate. That's certainly not enough to justify a 1-loss team over an undefeated team though.

Sure it is at this point of the season. I'm not ranking every unbeaten team ahead of every 1-loss team after 9 games, that would be stupid.

Zubaz

What are we arguing here? I think it's pretty clear there is some serious anti-Alabama bias out there among college football fandom.
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm arguing that Alabama shouldn't be ranked higher than undefeated Minnesota or undefeated (puke) Baylor.

AroundWorldFrog

Who has Alabama beat? 0 top 25 ranked teams. I don't want to hear about their "close loss" to LSU either. They were losing by 20 at half in their home stadium, and if Bama didn't get a punt return... they could've been down 27 at half.
I was addressing the 2 unbeaten teams that were specifically mentioned, not Alabama.

dawg

And those same computers have Alabama 5th, Minnesota 8th, and Baylor 12th.

What are we arguing here? I think it's pretty clear there is some serious anti-Alabama bias out there among college football fandom.

No, I'm arguing there shouldn't be serious pro-Alabama bias on the basis of what they've done in years past. Which is what the committee appears to be using by ranking them 5 with zero ranked wins and a putrid strength of schedule.

Zubaz

I'm not ranking every unbeaten team ahead of every 1-loss team after 9 games, that would be stupid.
Yep this is where we disagree. "At this point in the season" I don't see any justification for putting a 1-loss team with 0 ranked wins ahead of an undefeated team with a Top 5 win or an undefeated team with 2 ranked wins.

Wexahu

Who has Alabama beat? 0 top 25 ranked teams. I don't want to hear about their "close loss" to LSU either. They were losing by 20 at half in their home stadium, and if Bama didn't get a punt return... they could've been down 27 at half.

So we're using that logic against Alabama (even though they actually lost the game by 6 points) but kind of ignoring the fact that Baylor only beat Texas Tech because an official totally blew a call in overtime, or hell, I heard a lot of people on here say the officials gifted them the game last week.

Yep, the anti-Alabama bias is pretty evident. Figure out the result you want, and then go to whatever lengths and make whatever backwards arguments you have to make in order to back it up. That's pretty much how it goes.

How many points would Baylor or Minnesota be getting if they played Bama this week?

H0RNEDFR0G

I was addressing the 2 unbeaten teams that were specifically mentioned, not Alabama.

I definitely get your point, Baylor has beaten nobody. What I was getting at is that Alabama (and for that matter Clemson) have also not beaten ranked teams and are in the top 5.

Not that it matters, I think Baylor's luck runs out against OU this weekend. But there's really no good reason for so many teams to be ahead of them at this point in the season. Like Patterson has said, the CFP is more impressed by how many tshirts you sell than how good your football team is.

H0RNEDFR0G

So we're using that logic against Alabama (even though they actually lost the game by 6 points) but kind of ignoring the fact that Baylor only beat Texas Tech because an official totally blew a call in overtime, or hell, I heard a lot of people on here say the officials gifted them the game last week.

Yep, the anti-Alabama bias is pretty evident.

Where does the blown Texas Tech call show up on Baylor's win and loss record? I can't find it.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The funny thing is, no fan base should be more acutely aware of how little these rankings matter until the last one, and yet here we are all worked up over week 3 or some [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ]. I’ll wait until Dec. 8. Until then:

Alabama would go in dry on Baylor. Change my mind.
See: Bama vs. Utah 2009 Sugar Bowl, Bama vs. OU 2014 Sugar Bowl. They can be punched in the mouth. They are mortal.

I will also say that 2019 Rape U. couldn't carry either of those team's garbage out to the curb...

Wexahu

See: Bama vs. Utah 2009 Sugar Bowl, Bama vs. OU 2014 Sugar Bowl. They can be punched in the mouth. They are mortal.

I will also say that 2019 Rape U. couldn't carry either of those team's garbage out to the curb...

So the consensus is 1) Baylor would get absolutely destroyed if they played Alabama next week and 2) the CFP committee is a bunch of idiots for ranking Alabama ahead of Baylor this week.

That makes sense somewhere I guess.