• The KillerFrogs

OT - Favorite Saturday Morning Cartoons

Lone Frog

Anyone ever catch this one, Star Blazers? I remember it because it had “space marines.” Caught it on random weekend afternoons when I was older. I guess it’s early early anime type stuff.

I'm not too proud to say I rewatched the whole series just a few years ago (Netflix has all the DVDs). It's still pretty awesome, so long as you can ignore science.

Lone Frog

Shoot, no shame in that game. I think I saw where they just recently released them all on Blu-ray.

I may have to buy those. The first few bars of the theme music still get me excited, and send me looking for a glass bottle of Dr Pepper and a big ol' metal tin of Charles Chips.

Chongo94

I may have to buy those. The first few bars of the theme music still get me excited, and send me looking for a glass bottle of Dr Pepper and a big ol' metal tin of Charles Chips.

Looks like I may have been wrong Lone Frog. Looks like it was Star Blazers 2199 they released...apparently it’s a remake of the original. May want to do some digging to make sure though.

Frog-in-law1995

Probably should read the thread before answering but don’t want to be influenced. Superfriends, Land of the Lost, Fat Albert, Hong Kong Phooey, Pink Panther, various versions of Scooby Doo, various versions of Looney Tunes (Bugs, roadrunner, Daffy, etc.), Spider-man, Rocky & Bullwinkle and all the hanna barbera stuff.

Also Dungeons and Dragons, Richie Rich, Muppet Babies, and Ghostbusters all made appearances towards the end of my Saturday morning cartoon watching.

Opintel

Moderators
B. Bunny
Carrot.png

mc1502

I'm so old, Saturday morning entertainment when I was a kid revolved around sticks and dirt clods.... kinda like living in Lubbock today.