• The KillerFrogs

OT: Concrete Prices

Pharm Frog

Just went out to bid for concrete parking lot at the church. Should know by next week but I’m hearing that it’s gonna be very high.

Ron Swanson

Me too, but the thing is I have never worked with or quoted concrete before... So I have no basis for reference. Could be good, for all I know.
I’ve learned to get at least 4 bids for every job I have done, and let each contractor know that you are getting multiple bids. Contractors prices vary wildly.

I think many of them just assume that the average homeowner doesn’t know a damn thing about how much services should cost, and they also assume that the average homeowner isn’t going out and getting a bunch of bids, so they just go in with crazy high margins and hope they get lucky.

HFrog1999

Is $4,800 a good price for a 400sqft. concrete slab? Looking to install 40x10 rectangle in the backyard for a patio base.

If you’re thinking about a patio, look into pavers. They are much more attractive and very easy to repair when the soil shifts.

Check out these guys. I used to sell them.

https://precisionpavers.com/our-story/

If you do get pavers, don’t use Belgard, those are the jerks that laid me off in 2016. Go with Pavestone.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
You might use this as a ballpark calculator...

https://www.concretenetwork.com/concrete-prices.html
Good site!

I am, one of these days, going to replace my thick-as-a-beer-can storage barn that came with Rancho Brewingfrog with a proper steel barn with panel doors and lots of room. Having built a few of these back in my previous life, I know the slab is the priciest item on the shopping list.

Eight

Depends who is buried in it

7135cf1006e936989d51093d36d920c3023f9f25.gifv

AroundWorldFrog

Is $4,800 a good price for a 400sqft. concrete slab? Looking to install 40x10 rectangle in the backyard for a patio base.
If it's 10' deep, yep.

Edit. That's fairly small. If you can find a reputable company that can use overage from another job, you'll be fine if you can be flexible time wise. Done this a couple of times.

PO Frog

I asked my pool contractor to throw a driveway extension into the bid and she said her concrete guy will do it for $2.50 a foot. Feels like a damn good deal and less than a quarter of what you were quoted.