• The KillerFrogs

OT: Chernobyl documentary

tetonfrog

Band of Brothers was pretty good.
Four of my favorite sports movies were HBO produced - Long Gone, Dead Solid Perfect, Soul of the Game and 61".
Long Gone and Dead Solid Perfect are my favorite baseball/golf movies. William Peterson and Randy Quaid are outstanding in those roles. Still feel that DSP is the best movie adaption of a Dan Jenkins' novel.

PurpleBlood87

Long Gone and Dead Solid Perfect are my favorite baseball/golf movies. William Peterson and Randy Quaid are outstanding in those roles. Still feel that DSP is the best movie adaption of a Dan Jenkins' novel.
Larry Riley was great as Spec and Jose Brown.
Jack Warden was good as Bad Hair Wembley.
Have you seen Soul of the Game?

Paint It Purple

View attachment 11234
Not so humble brag with a picture of myself back in September visiting Pripyat/Chernobyl. Most fascinating place I've ever been to. I pray when this war is over it is still assessable to outsiders. Need to check out this science channel doc, and agree that the HBO series was incredible.
Fascinating that you had the chance to visit there. Must have been eerie. How much uSV / HR were you exposed to?

Austintxfrog94

Might depend on whether he used a Russian Geiger counter or not.
IMG_0744.jpeg
Highest reading I saw while we were there. The devices would let us know if we got near anything too crazy. One of our guys started eating an apple while walking around and the tour guide got on him. Apparently they don't want you ingesting anything out in the open air while you're in the exclusion zone. The tours have become regulated measuring your radiation levels, and you're tested before they let you leave (which was a little nerve racking). Our guide was pretty cool because she would let us sneak inside buildings and take pictures. Life just froze in time from 1986 inside those apartments, schools and government buildings. Another thing folks don't hear about as much related to Chernobyl/Pripyat was touring the Duga Radio Tower. As we drove up on it, it looked like CGI and not real, your brain has a hard time registering the size and scope of it. You don't normally think of going to a catastrophic disaster site as a worthwhile trip but I had an amazing time. My hope is it will still be able to be experienced by others soon.