1. The KillerFrogs

OT - Can't get a drink, best place to grab eats?

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by GenXFrog, Mar 17, 2020.

1. So, Fort Worth just bowed to pressure and forced all my favorite pubs and restaurants to close.

Not interested in debating the decision. It is what it is.

What I am interested in, is recommendations for quality restaurants providing curbside pickup (or deliver) with food that makes the travel home well. Think $$, $$$, not Whataburger vs. In And Out.

If you'd kindly share your experiences in this new normal, it'd be much appreciated.

2. Got an email from B&B Butchers and Michael's Cuisine about their curbside services. Can't go wrong with either, unless of course you end up with the corona.

GenXFrog likes this.
  3. You’ve never ordered food to go from a restaurant?

ftwfrog, Dogfrog, Eight and 2 others like this.
  4. Going to be so pissed if the Pub doesn’t survive this. I haven’t been there in years but still.

GenXFrog likes this.
  5. B&B to go seems a bit extravagant. But congrats.

6. Certainly. Thai, Sushi, Chinese.

Never ordered steaks or seafood though.

Pardon my ignorance.

What's your experience with ordering fine dining to go been?

7. Went to the Pub twice this year before basketball games. Thrilled to see pictures of myself and friends taken in the early 1990s still on the wall.

8. Don’t eat seafood. Never even thought about ordering a steak to go before. Do they even do that normally? Can’t imagine that would be any good.

9. Depending on how early 90’s your talking I was either there serving you drinks or just there drinking.

GenXFrog likes this.
  10. 91, 2, 3.

11. Tough crowd.

He said $$ and $$$.

Peacefrog and Ron Swanson like this.
  12. What?

BABYFACE likes this.
  13. Just shrimp and crab cakes with any regularity. I like fried fish and clams, but try to avoid them. Will do a grilled filet maybe once a year.

14. Always happy to do the family meals cooked at home and routine takeout. Before Betsy's order, I never contemplated having to order fine dining to go. Yes, I do like to treat myself and my family occasionally. I am interested in others experiences. Obviously, you are not.

Are you doing a bit, here?

15. Huh? No, was offering my opinion that I don’t think steak to go would be very good by the time you got it home. I think we’re all pretty much in the same boat when it comes to ordering fine dining to go. We’ll see how it works when the order goes into effect tomorrow.

GenXFrog likes this.
  16. Clams are awesome.

QuilterFrawg likes this.
  17. I stocked up on Truly.

ftwfrog likes this.
  18. Restaurants were open tonight. Crowds were thin. No reason to make mandatory closing of dining rooms, it is doing it own it’s own.