• The KillerFrogs

OT: Byron Nelson

Sebastian S

Who thought playing a links style course in Texas summer heat was a brilliant idea?

Everytime I watch golf in a links style course it always looks cold, windy and by an ocean. No trees needed.

82Frog

Reminds me of years ago (mid 80's I think) . . They had the Grand Prix of Dallas winding through downtown Dallas. I believe they held it in July or August. It only lasted one or two years. I still remember video of a driver walking and passes out from the heat.

flyfishingfrog

I think their bigger problem than the heat and no trees may be the scoring. -15 leading after two days, the cut at -3 at worst, 120+ guys at E or better? They are going to have to do some work on the layout over the next couple of years or the Byron will become more of a joke.

ReedFrawg

I think their bigger problem than the heat and no trees may be the scoring. -15 leading after two days, the cut at -3 at worst, 120+ guys at E or better? They are going to have to do some work on the layout over the next couple of years or the Byron will become more of a joke.

Not to mention the field is incredibly weak already. This week isn't going to help.

f_399

UT fan just picks up a ball rolling outside of the fairway.

Who else would be hitting golf balls in the golf course?

Proceeds to drop it back down. That thing could have rolled an extra 50 yards

IdiotsAlert

Reminds me of years ago (mid 80's I think) . . They had the Grand Prix of Dallas winding through downtown Dallas. I believe they held it in July or August. It only lasted one or two years. I still remember video of a driver walking and passes out from the heat.

There were 8 races from 1984 through 1996.

Pharm Frog

Saw that. What a moron.

I had Son of Pharm at the Byron when one of my former companies was a sponsor. Can’t recall how old he was but we had the chat about being quiet and stuff but forgot the chat about golf balls in the gallery.

Singh sent one just over our heads and down a hill off the tee and here goes Son charging down the hill yelling “snow cone!”. No way I could catch him so I’m hollering to stop him and a man spotting the ball luckily does so before he gets to the ball. This ain’t the Little League Park....but pretty cool...Singh was told what almost happened and gave him a ball.

Wexahu

Watching guys hit 350 yard drives that roll 80 yards and hit little half wedges into 430 yard holes gets old in my opinion. If the trend towards baked-out brown courses continues they'll literally have to make them 9,000 yards for guys to hit normal clubs into holes.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Watching guys hit 350 yard drives that roll 80 yards and hit little half wedges into 430 yard holes gets old in my opinion. If the trend towards baked-out brown courses continues they'll literally have to make them 9,000 yards for guys to hit normal clubs into holes.
PGA turning into nba.

Sebastian S

It's both the equipment and how they swing nowadays.

Players like Jason Day and Dustin Johnson, who hit it a mile, will probably have no longevity in their careers. So much force and torque in those swings.

I am not for changing equipment, at least not the clubs. Why go backwards in that department?

Wexahu

It's both the equipment and how they swing nowadays.

Players like Jason Day and Dustin Johnson, who hit it a mile, will probably have no longevity in their careers. So much force and torque in those swings.

I am not for changing equipment, at least not the clubs. Why go backwards in that department?

Equipment is only part of it. Softening and narrowing the fairways and growing the rough would solve most of the "problems" so guys aren't hitting it 320 every time and there'd be a steep price to pay for hitting it off-line.