• The KillerFrogs

OT - best steakhouse in FW?

Rabidfrog

can't recommend the famous stake place in Buffalo Gap near Abilene. Wish I had had the filet, but on rec from the waitress had the ribeye. Too much fat, not cook well enough for medium. Way overpriced, but good atmosphere and service.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
Pink is my new obsession. Pink, it’s not even a quession.

2FDB6E71-6C30-42F8-95CC-DECD7E177210.gif

Double V

I bought some prime steaks there a couple years ago that had the label. I think they still do this but haven’t bought there in a while. Here’s an NPR article from 2016. Again, probably not a big deal.
https://www.npr.org/sections/thesal...at-a-tender-steak-could-be-a-little-dangerous
Wow, crazy. That's not what I was picturing in my head. If that ribeye in the pic has been tenderized, I cant say for sure that I haven't bought something similar. Thanks for the heads up, I'll definitely check the labels more closely from now on!

HFrog1999

Ron Swanson

Not bad or good, just factual.

And, anyone that would boil a steak (sous vide) should be hung by their testicles until they cry "Uncle!". I don't care what any fancy steakhouse does, it just ain't right.
First off, I could be wrong but I don’t think anyone has brought sous vide up in this thread, so I think you’re likely just trolling.

Secondly, I don’t think you understand what exactly sous vide does. Either that or you’re being purposefully ignorant.

I’ve only done it twice but it was fantastic. The key is how you finish it on the cast-iron.

Frog-in-law1995

Sous vide is better on poultry, imo, but as long as you start or finish beef with a method that gets some crust on the outside, it works great. Also, just fyi, I bring home a lot of brisket and ribs after a bbq competition, and we vacuum seal it in meal-size packets and reheat sous vide. Works perfectly.

tcumaniac

Sous vide is better on poultry, imo, but as long as you start or finish beef with a method that gets some crust on the outside, it works great. Also, just fyi, I bring home a lot of brisket and ribs after a bbq competition, and we vacuum seal it in meal-size packets and reheat sous vide. Works perfectly.
Tell me more about these BBQ competitions you speak of? What kind of smoker do you use? Willing to post any pictures of your brisket?