• The KillerFrogs

OT - Best Custom Home Contractor/Builder

DMFWTX

I was lurking to see if there were any home remodelers. Not to hijack, but ee need to add about 1000 sq ft to our home in Fort Worth. If you got any recs that would be great.

A friend in Aledo is having Blue Cypress Development build their home.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Off the top of my head. Mike Farris, David Lewis and Glendarroch

Glendarroch has a great reputation. So does Farris and Lewis

My dad was a home builder so I learned enough growing up around that industry to be dangerous.

But I would buy a torpedo level and a square and check every surface, stud and beam. Don’t let them give you run around answers. Insist on quality

This.

Since I've been renovating our house I can't tell you how many "upscale" custom new homes I've been in recently that I'm aghast at the quality of simple things, and the trim work I've seen is appalling. One of our friends spent a lot of money getting a custom home done and one of the walls was noticeably curved with enough caulk shoved in less than proper miter joints to make me recall a badly bondo body job I saw on a 67 Mustang. I'm sure the builders mentioned above will be quality builders, but when you get down to the finishing touches make sure you get to know the carpenter.