• The KillerFrogs

OT: Beer Sponsor

WhatTheFrog

if it is a matter of taste than in my mind the discussion begins and ends here

1667949_orig.jpg

trouble is they really don't push the distribution, heck sigma brewing might have a bigger marketing department, and the bigger issue is they are aggies. aggies who brew some damn good beer, but aggies

if the requirement is taste i submit st arnold's brewery, wagner is a rice guy, but he sees the big picture and they do brew a top notch root beer for those who don't imbide
Do they brew one called "Goat Darner Juice"?

WhatTheFrog

Never heard of it, but upon searching their website I came upon this:

lp-squiggle.png
News

Update, April 30th:

We pride ourselves in the quality of our beer and the trust that we have built over the past 5-1/2 years. Unfortunately, we have identified an issue in a recent batch of Yellow Rose and are working with our distributors to recall the beer in question. During this time there will be a shortage of Yellow Rose in the market. We apologize for any inconvenience to our accounts and customers. This week we are still planning to release Zythophile Calypso into the market. Thanks for your understanding during this time. Do not hesitate to reach out to the brewery with any questions or concerns. We look forward to having Yellow Rose back in the market soon. For clarification purposes, the batch dates being pulled from the market are 4/23 and 4/24. The batch in question exhibits a strong tannic bitterness, not the balanced fruitiness that Yellow Rose is known for. It's not harmful, just an off-flavor.

Just an FYI....I'll keep an eye out for it in the future.
Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale did the same thing roughly 1.5 years ago. There was a shortage for a while, but availability is back to normal numbers now (thankfully). The "taste" was not up to the brewmasters' standards.

If you like bourbon and you like beer, do yourself a favor and give it a try. You might find it in a well stocked liquor store with a good selection of specialty beers. About $12 for a 4 pack.