• The KillerFrogs

OT - Beard care products

FrogAbroad

My first beard was a few years ago but when I relocated to Colombia I looked too much like a drug lord so I went back to just a handlebar 'stache. Now I'm about 10 weeks into another beard. So far so good (even my conservative CEO boss likes it) so I want to groom it responsibly.

You who have successfully grown a beard...
  • What beard oil works best to condition it? (Me, I've got rather a tough, tends-to-curl beard.)
  • There are a bajillion combs and brushes out there--what works best for you? (I tend toward sandalwood, myself.)
  • What beard softening tips do you have so the spousal unit doesn't complain about "kissing a Brillo pad?"
  • Got input? Gimme it!

DeuceBoogieNights

A company called Dream Beard has beard oils I like. I picked up some recently from Sandalwood Bear oil that I like. I use a regular ol comb with mine while I dry it with a hair dryer. Then use a brush with soft bristles.

PO Frog

I had no idea beard care products was a thing and my beard is a teenager.

edit: sounds wrong but I don’t know how to better phrase it. I’ll live with the repercussions.
You have a teenage beard to cover up for your real preference of pre-teen ones?

DeuceBoogieNights

I had no idea beard care products was a thing and my beard is a teenager.

edit: sounds wrong but I don’t know how to better phrase it. I’ll live with the repercussions.

I don't know how much any of it really helps, but I swear by beard oil. Keeps the skin underneath moisturized and it smells good.

Ron Swanson

I just shampoo it when I take a shower and then run a wooden beard brush through it every few days.

I have a great beard… probably my strongest feature